Corsair Community

Compatibility? CMZ8GXM1A1600C10 w/ P8Z77-V DELUXE

PETERATL

I just bought an ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE MB from Newegg and it came bundled with one stick of Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10 (8GB). I also ordered three more sticks of the same memory to fill out the board. Was surprised to see in the ASUS Qualified Vendor Lists (QVL's) this memory is not listed for this board. Has this memory since been added to the ASUS QVL or is Newegg just moving some stale product? How can I tell if it will work well without opening the packages?

Thanks

I just bought an ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE MB from Newegg and it came bundled with one stick of Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10 (8GB). I also ordered three more sticks of the same memory to fill out the board. Was surprised to see in the ASUS Qualified Vendor Lists (QVL's) this memory is not listed for this board. Has this memory since been added to the ASUS QVL or is Newegg just moving some stale product? How can I tell if it will work well without opening the packages?

Thanks

Hi PETERATL

Corsair don't supprt mixing ove memory or memory kits.

ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE is desing with 4 memory slot. It bether to buy one kit of 2,3,4,6 or 8 memory modual. As, even if they look alike. They or not, they or deferent version of same model and even if it the same versio memory stiks was not test together so ther is not way to now if they gone to worck if you dont test them. And don't forget Corsair don't supprt mixing ove memory or memory kits.

Would it be cheaper to buy a quadruple memory kit?

Yopu could have mutch bether memory for less is u buy in a kit with now touble ove compatibility betwen memory modual.

One ove those 2 kits wil be goog for you system

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233303

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233390

With lower latence you will get better performance.

And if you go with a 4x4Gb memory kit, that more the u you nead to play all games for the next 8 to 10 years. Just have to change video card wend neading. Then you could chouse from 2133MHz memory kit, that worck very good with z77 chitset.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233302

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233230

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233346

With one ove those you sys tem will rock solid!!!

Finally did u update to last motherboard bios?

As 1.Improve compatibility with Windows 8 OS.

2.Improve system stability.

3.Improve memory compatibility

and mutch more

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

I just bought an ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE MB from Newegg and it came bundled with one stick of Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10 (8GB)

I don't understand why they would do this. Why bundle one stick for a dual channel MB?

But anyway, as Turbo attempted to explain is that if you bought another three individual sticks , it's more than likely going to give you more problems than what it's worth.

Corsair does not suggest or support mixing/combining memory because it can be hit or miss at best, even if they are the same exact part number. Your best bet would be to return what you bought because there is no way to tell if they will work or not without physically testing them with your other stick ,and buy a single 32 gig matched set.

It is very important to have all your memory come from one single package because each stick was matched with the others in the set.

Using 4 random sticks could cause all kinds of problems including not being able to run them at rated Speeds. In fact with 4 unmatched sticks DDR1333mhz would be suggested and even possibly required to get them to play nice with each other.

Was surprised to see in the ASUS Qualified Vendor Lists (QVL's) this memory is not listed for this board.

ASUS QVL is just a list of modules they have tested at the time of pre-production and those lists are never updated... but that does not mean that other kits are not compatible. The Vengeance series was targeted towards the Sandy/Ivybridge cpu's and chipsets and would be fully compatible with your MB.

Sorry , but i couldn't understand a word of what was posted previously...so if i can clear anything up for you let me know.

The additional 3 memory sticks which I purchased were exactly the same part number as the first free stick. I thought that the free single stick of dual channel memory was just a sales incentive to get you to buy the additional sticks.

If I understand you correctly, you suggest that four sticks of memory with exactly the same part number might not be compatible with each other if they came from different packages??? Does Corsair confirm this??

Thanks for the learning.

The additional 3 memory sticks which I purchased were exactly the same part number as the first free stick. I thought that the free single stick of dual channel memory was just a sales incentive to get you to buy the additional sticks.

It makes no difference if they are the same part number or not. They were all not matched and tested together so there is no way to say if they will work together or not. The testing issue is a huge one at that. You can scour these forums and find literally hundreds of posts of other users who did the same thing and had nothing but problems.

As far as new egg concerned, that was pretty shady on their side, while it might be advertized as "dual channel" it is only running in single channel mode becuase it would require two or four sticks to run in dual channel.

As a matter of fact there is no such thing as dual ,triple, or quad memory. That is actually a function of the MB and NOT the memory.

It is also the way they are tested and packaged together and marketed. In theory you could take those four sticks you have and put them in a quad channel MB and they

would function in quad channel mode just as well as they would in a dual channel MB.

If I understand you correctly, you suggest that four sticks of memory with exactly the same part number might not be compatible with each other if they came from different packages??? Does Corsair confirm this??

Absolutely! You are understanding me correctly.

Corsair does not suggest or support the mixing of memory modules in this way . They can not guarantee correct operation or that they will run at the advertized specs unless all the sticks came out of one single matched kit.

You are more than welcome to try what you want, but if they do not run together or you have issues, there is not much they can do about it except to maybe RMA them in hopes you get another 4 sticks that would run together. .

Archived