Corsair Community

H80i losing connection to Corsair Link software

nm3210

Hey all, you can add me to the list of people having troubles with the software for the H80i/H100i products. I believe that my drivers are installed correctly, as both the "HID-compliant device" and "USB Input Device" are showing up in device manager with the proper hardware IDs. I think my problem is with the CorsairLink software.

Whenever I use the CorsairLink software (and I've tried multiple versions) I only get about 3-4 minutes the very first time the drivers are installed before it completely loses connection to my H80i. The only way to get it to work again is to either move the USB connection (I've tried multiple ports on the motherboard as well as using a normal USB cable all with the same results) or to uninstall the correct device in device manager and restart the computer (and I usually have to uninstall/reinstall CorsairLink). If I don't reinstall CorsairLink a whole new set of graphs and whatnot are shown in the 'System' overview which is frustrating.

So does this sound like a problem with just the software or does it possibly indicate a problem with the hardware? I'm really unimpressed by the CorsairLink software and I wish they'd just give us a way to easily change the fan speeds and stuff (ala SpeedFan) without the silly interface. I guess I wouldn't complain about it if it worked though, ha. Thanks for any help.

Latest everything, power savings are off. Maybe my motherboard is just old? MSI P55A-G55

For me it seems the software just isn't doing things properly. When I have everything plugged in and then install the CorsairLink software, it should detect that I already have it plugged in but it doesn't. On my system I have to reinstall the drivers (or plug it in a new port) even for CorsairLink to see my H80i at all. And then I only get a few minutes before it stops working and I have to remove all the drivers again to even talk to it. I almost wished that I would have just bought the H60 instead; as it is I will probably just hook the fans up to my motherboard and control them with something like SpeedFan.

Archived