Corsair Community

cmsx16gx3m2a1600c10 work with Mac Mini i5?

BigRamSeeker

I ordered a 2-stick set (which I'm guessing these sticks are 8gb / piece). I installed 3 times but still get beeping when starting my mac. When I replace with original 2g-per-stick ram, the mac mini starts right up. What's the problem?

I bought the Mac Mini new last week (Jan 18, 2013).

I'm sorry , but those modules are not Apple certified and may not work correctly with that system. It would be best to return them or purchase the memory directly from Apple in this case

This would be the only 16gig kit that is Apple certified that Corsair would have to offer.

(CMSA16GX3M2A1600C11)

Just to be sure, did you reset the BIOS/PRAM before inserting the new modules?

I can't say for sure that will cure the issue. But that should be covered in your owners manual or found on APPLE's site or forums. I'm not all that familiar with the mac mini to begin with.

But yes, resetting the BIOS can often help because sometimes the settings from the previous memory get stuck and try to apply themselves to the new memory which may not be a match. So resetting the BIOS should flush those "leftovers" out.

You may also want to see if there is a new BIOS/FW offered for that too. I really don't know if there is or not.

Archived