Corsair Community

Memory compatiability for dell xps 15

jeevan.life

Hi

I have a dell XPS 15-L501X with 64bit Windows and intel i5 processor. I have 4GB of RAM installed and I wanted to upgrade it to 8GB. I purchased CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9.

After I install the RAM and boot up, windows goes into a boot loop. If I remove the old RAM and try to boot with only this CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9, I get a blue screen with error message. Can you any one confirm if this RAM is compatiable with the original Hynix ram in the laptop?

Any way to solve this issue. I have the latest BIOS and Memory test passes with no errors.

Regards

Jeevan

Can you any one confirm if this RAM is compatiable with the original Hynix ram in the laptop
?

Unfortunatly, if you are trying to use it with the original memory there is no way to guarantee compatibility.

Corsair does not suggest or support mixing memory for the very reason you are asking now. More often than not it will cause issues. It's best to replace and not add.

You might want to think about returning that kit and get a matched 8 gig kit instead.

This would be your best choice.http://www.corsair.com/us/memory-by-product-family/laptop-memory-upgrades/value-select-8gb-ddr3-sodimm-memory-kit-cmso8gx3m1a1333c9.html And before you buy it you may want to check with DELL to see if it is compatible.

Any way to solve this issue. I have the latest BIOS and Memory test passes with no errors.

I am sorry to tell you , no.

Archived