Corsair Community

K90 and M90 Firmware update issue

SimpleTev

I just recently bought the K90 and M60 mice and keyboard combo to pwn in world of wacraft, plugged it into my computer, and all worked fine. It was until that I installed the firmware update for both my mouse and keyboard is when it all went downhill. Before, everything worked. I used the downloaded drivers to controll my backlight on my mouse and keyboard. Was still trying to figure out how to use the G-keys, but that was when I decided to install the firmware update.

I installed the update, but as soon as it finished installing, my keyboard and mouse stopped responding! So I unplugged it from my USB 3.0 port on my computer and plugged it into another port. My computer recognized it but now it only recognizes it as a standard twenty dollar keyboard! I've tried everything to unstalling and reinstalling, http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104856, changing USB ports, nothing worked!

My keyboard and mouse still work (I'm typing on it) but none of the G-keys, backlights, M1, M2, M3, or media keys work! Same with the mouse, it's just a standard mouse now with no DPI controls. Is there anyway that I can restore my mouse and keyboard to factory settings?

Silly me for updating the firmware. I guess the saying goes true, "If it isn't broken, don't fix it!"

I'm very frustrated. Please, help.

Does device Manager detect the K90 and M90?

K90 - Corsair Gaming Keyboard

M90 - Corsair M90 Gaming Mouse

Uninstall the K90 and M90 software and restart your computer.

Make sure the devices are plugged into a USB 2.0 port.

Open up Task manager and close any related M90/K90 processes if they are still there.

Install the firmware updater and see if it can reflash the device.

If not, post the message it says on the screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived