Corsair Community

AX760i Corsair Link questions

CalinTM

I got my brand new PSU, AX760i The 3.3, 5, 12V are ok, no big deviations.

But i have a problem with the Link device....

I have connected the Link device in the COMM port on the PSU, and the other side on a USB slot on my motherboard. I power up the PC, the Link LED powers up green, which is good, but on Corsair Link software, i can't see the PSU's fan speed, and other things....

Using Windows 8 and CorsairLINK 2 (2.2.0)

Ok i got it to work, but when i start a game, the fan speed bumps up, and when i exit the game, the fan speed remains on 360 RPM, and not 0 RPM. Why ?

And when i get the fan above 70% it makes some kind of vibration noise, as if the fan is not sitting well on his axis.....

I need to worry ?

Calin, I'm sorry there has been no reply to you yet. RamGuy or one of the other Corsair emplyees should be seeing this soon.

I'm not all that familiar with trouble shooting the link. It may best to post this question in the LINK section of the forums. There is a user there named Toasted who is pretty knowledgeable on that and is on pretty frequent.

You could also call CS on Monday and get a direct response right away. I'm sorry they are closed for the weekend.

Just copy paste your first two posts in that forum section.

As far as the fan speed not stopping after exiting a game, that may take a few minutes until the PSu cools enough.

Well, after i boot the PC, i get no fan speed. But when i enter a game, play the game, then exit the game, the fan speed stays on 400 RPM, and will not decrease to 0 again. The PSU after a game reaches a max of 35-36 degrees, so there is no temperature problem.

But also i have another problem. When i start my PC the PSU fan starts on 100% fan speed, and makes a nasty vibration noise, as if the fan isn't placed well on his axis.

Could anyone confirm the fan speeds to 100% when power up the PC. And then i switched the PSU with the fan up, and doesn't make that noise vibration noise, i think my fan isn't well placed on his axis.

Other thing i need to mention, this link device LED is ok, why is changing from green to orange ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUG_qvRl4zc&feature=youtu.be

In games my PSU temp is 36 degrees and the fan doesn't run faster than ~500 RPM. Is all ok, the PSU doesn't heat too much, i need to put a fixed fan speed for not damaging the PSU, for overheating ?

But also i have another problem. When i start my PC the PSU fan starts on 100% fan speed, and makes a nasty vibration noise, as if the fan isn't placed well on his axis.

Could anyone confirm the fan speeds to 100% when power up the PC. And then i switched the PSU with the fan up, and doesn't make that noise vibration noise, i think my fan isn't well placed on his axis.

Yes, when first starting your computer the fan should go to 100% for a second or two then shut back down. The PSU is doing a self-test of the fan to be sure it's working before it starts up. However it should not have any noise or vibration either way it's mounted.

I would go ahead and have that replaced or RMA'd.

I switched the PSU, with the fan up, and now the fan isn't making that noise when i power up the PC. Seems the fan has problems at high speeds (above 70%) to spin silent when it's placed upside down.

And also could you tell me ? 3.3V is 3.24V and 12V is 12.880 and 12.960

These voltages are ok ?

And also could you tell me ? 3.3V is 3.24V and 12V is 12.880 and 12.960

These voltages are ok ?

Are you reading those from the BIOS or some other software?

If it's software, please see what the BIOS is reporting.

The 3.3v is fine, but the 12 looks a little high. But if this is a software reading it is more than likely off. Or if you have a multi-meter it would be the best way to read those and get true measurement.

Archived