Corsair Community

Fans Don't Stop Completely - 0 RPM - Need VOLTAGE CONTROL Mode

EDB

Thanks Taco. I gave up on Corsair and went with a different solution.

SpeedFan is able to completely control my MB fans, allowing them to go down to 0RPM/shutdown (which is what any fan controller should be able to do).

So I use SpeedFan and one of my MB fan headers to control my CPU fan, which only kicks on when I am using it moderately.

And I use SpeedFan and another MB fan header (with a higher threshold) to control a relay that kicks on all other fans at max when I really overpower things (video processing, CAD, etc.).

Silent Overclock... DONE!

It's a shame Corsair couldn't bring it to the table. I would have liked to use their solution. And they certainly have the know-how because their power supply units are able to stop their fans completely. It's just the Corsair Link circuitry that misses the mark.

Again, ideally Corsair would please please please tell me that they'll update Link to cut the power when the fan is set to 0rpm. .

Link doesnt control its fans thru voltage ,,hence comes PWM which is much better overall.

the Link isnt designed to fully turn fans off and wont be a future implementation.some like to have fans off till needed but this isnt an efficient nor practical way to cool.

no fan flow obviously increases heat faster and reduces the lifespan of components due to constant erratic heat.,,it also takes more energy to start fans and also reduces fan life

having fans run at a low rpm will produce little to no noise,,takes less energy,,increases its lifespan,,keeps things cool,,,and no annoying start up noise.

sometimes having ''control'' just isnt practical

so Corsair has fan running done the proper way,,,imop

Archived