Corsair Community

Two questions about the H100...

Iamazn

1. I removed the plastic on the H100 backplate. After googling for a bit, it turns out that it wasn't supposed to be removed... What's the chance Corsair will send me a new backplate?

2. When attaching the radiator to my case, I did not use washers because it made the screws too high for the dust filter on my case. Will not using washers be bad for anything?

Q.1

Contact Corsair for replacement and explain the issue

Q.2

Washers prevent leaving screw head marks on the case and radiator. It helps in preventing over tightening and helps in unscrewing in case the screws gets rusted.

As long as the screws are normally tightened it should be okay.

Q.1

Contact Corsair for replacement and explain the issue

Q.2

Washers prevent leaving screw head marks on the case and radiator. It helps in preventing over tightening and helps in unscrewing in case the screws gets rusted.

As long as the screws are normally tightened it should be okay.

I think I tightened the screws all the way... Should I loosen it a bit?

1. I removed the plastic on the H100 backplate. After googling for a bit, it turns out that it wasn't supposed to be removed... What's the chance Corsair will send me a new backplate?

2. When attaching the radiator to my case, I did not use washers because it made the screws too high for the dust filter on my case. Will not using washers be bad for anything?

You can either call CS and ask them for a new one or fill out an RMA for the H100 and in the comments section explain the situation and ask for one there. Either method should work equally as well.

2)No, it's not going to hurt anything as long as you have plenty of the screw head making contact with your case.

originally posted by Babdi

Q.2

No, washers are to spread the load of the screw heads evenly and provide a larger surface area to spread that load, keeping them from being pulled through the holes in the case. They also keep the screws from backing out or becoming loose. Washers will leave the same marks as screws do if overly tightened too.

And if you get rust on your case, you probably shouldn't have your computer in that area anyway. ;):

I think I tightened the screws all the way... Should I loosen it a bit?

You want them down all the way but not so tight that you would strip out the threads on the radiator. As long as they are nice and snug, you should be good to go!

This week? No real good. it will take between 7-10 business days for the request to be processed and sent. If you live outside the US or across seas , you can safely add a few days to a week more.

If you still have the foam rubber pads on the back plate you can still use it. The plastic is just to prevent that from sticking to the MB. But since you are going to replace it in a short while, i doubt it will cause you any trouble upon removal.

Archived