Corsair Community

Performance Difference Between Force GT And Neutron GTX ?

OFarrell86

The max read/write

Force GT 120GB

Max Sequential R/W (ATTO)

555 MB/s sequential read — 515 MB/s sequential write

The Force Series GT is particularly adept at moving compressed data. You'll appreciate this real-world benefit if you work with music, movie and graphics files.

Neutron GTX 120GB

Max Sequential R/W (ATTO)

555 MB/s sequential read — 330 MB/s sequential write

Designed for Multi-Multi-Tasking.

Neutron Series GTX is designed to support complex data-intensive work that involves accessing multiple files simultaneously — video production, large-scale graphics editing, or running multiple office applications at once. Neutron GTX’s extremely high random IOPS performance gives you the nearly instantaneous response you need for your high-end desktop or notebook PC.

Is there any more to this? I am also looking to pick up another 120GB drive, and wanted to try this new one out... but the write speed being lower makes me feel like I should get the older GT.

Any thoughts on that? Am I missing something or would I really be better with the GT? Just want the fastest general windows feel... no special encoding or video editing.

On paper, the new controller with higher IOPS and toggle nand sounds better... but in the actual specs... the IOPS for the older GT is 5k faster and almost 200MB/s faster on writes, without toggle nand.

I'm very satisfied with CORSAIR Force GT 120.

Drive is excellent and work in specification on Z77 Intel SATA III Port.

In future I will follow successors of my GT.

Probably is GS good too but Force GT price drop down in last few months and I grabbed chance to buy one of 6-7 imported Force GT in local retailer shop.

Archived