Corsair Community

ASUS P8P67 Pro and 16 gb of Dominator

HankII

I just added another 8 gb of CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 to my ASUS P8P67 Pro. Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit only sees the same old eight though GPU-Z sees 16, and the AI Suite II also seems to . Talked to ASUS help, but they weren't any; after showing me how to open the BIOS (which lists 8 gb), they just told me I needed to contact Corsair and go into the BIOS (something I will really need to be walked through in baby steps) and make some adjustments. I would sincerely appreciate any help you can offer. I suspect this is something pretty simple, but while I can build a computer, I am BIOS illiterate. Thanks.

If you need to walked through step by step it may be best to call the CS line on monday. That way they can "see" what you are.

It also could be just adding the second kit is the problem. Corsair does not suggest or support the use of more than one kit per MB. Even two kits of the SAME exact part number can cause a number of issues. Including the one you are having. You should always buy memory in the capacity you think you are going to end up with right off the bat. A matched 16 gig kit would have been the way to go.

Archived