Corsair Community

Do NOT buy a Corsair H80

Colnago

I have always been a fan of Corsair memory so when I recently upgraded my build, I decided to purchase a H80 CPU cooler. It has been nothing but a disaster.

The first unit I bought had a horrible grinding noise. Loud enough to hear from the next room - over a TV and the case fans. So I followed Corsair's advice and RMA'd the unit. It cost me £21 to ship the unit to The Netherlands from the Uk (the unit having cost £70 in the first place).

The replacement unit eventually arrived and guess what - it made exactly the same grinding noise. And then the fan controller stopped working completely. All within the first 30 minutes of installing it. Absolute rubbish.

So now I have my second completely faulty unit. And a new build that needs yet another replacement cooler. What am I supposed to do? RMA the unit again and incur another £21 in postage? Corsair really should pay for the cost of me sending a faulty unit back to them.

Corsair, your customer service and quality control are terrible. I will never buy another one of your products and I recommend that everyone else avoid your products like the plague too. Given the number of complaints about these units, if you were a better company with better customer service, you would do something about this ASAP.

I can understand your being both angry, and very disappointed.

Having said that, your about to go about this the wrong way. Corsair's customer services are actually extremely good.

Contact them directly for another RMA, explain your case IN FULL. I think you'll find that under the circumstances they'll work with you to resolve your issues, and reimburse you as well :).

Thanks Arctic Wolf. At this point, all I want is a full refund. Can't risk more PC downtime with a product that clearly has issues, from a company that clearly doesn't understand the meaning of the words "quality control" and "customer service".

I hope that others out there who are thinking about buying an "H" series unit read these forums first (guess it was my mistake that I didn't), realise that they are plagued with problems and go with a different solution.

RMA the unit again and incur another £21 in postage? Corsair really should pay for the cost of me sending a faulty unit back to them.
They cover shipping both ways on recently RMA'd items. Just make sure you tell them that and give them the previous RMA number.

Hm ... Just for the record ...

I used to have some problems with some computer gear in the past and had Quite a few RMA's

In some of this cases where the RMA went Wrong I just sued the company who was responsible for my Product not being repaired or replaced

I Also refunded shipping cost this way If I am not compensated for that

In lots of cases shipping RMA's Products is for Free of charge

I have to say that nowadays I Never Had to Send stuff myself since most company's will let there RMA's be picked up by A Posting service they prefer to use (and also provide packaging)

In some of my past cases the post service guy picked up my RMA and already had a replacement to replace it with (These are really good company's)

I am pretty sure that a Corsair will try and provide you with the best service they can

If not ... well they might end up like the last company That had Problems with there RMA's (ever heard of 3dFX :P )

Archived