Corsair Community

Woot !

Ok so i have some TWINX1024 PC3200LL Rev 1.1 , they where running well in my MSI 875 NEO motherboard , max timings at 2-2-2-5 in ultra turbo mode @223 fsb 1:1 ratio but would get memtest errors out the wazzo if i bumped the fsb up a single Mhz no matter the Voltage (up to 3.2 just for memtest testing) Today i installed my asus P4C800E-Deluxe Mobo , first i was shocked by the fact it would get a few memtest errors at 223fsb 2-2-2-5 (2.8v) i lowered the fsb all the way down to 215 and still the errors , i was miffed. SO on a whim i tried 2-2-3-6 (intel 875s prefered performance timing) and bam up these sticks went , over 230+ fsb on 1:1 ratio with turbo and PAT on. Benchmarks for CPU AND Ram much higher then on my old board , scoring over 5700-5800 on sandra @ 230 alone (besting pc4000 by a good measure) Im looking forward to my DDR Boosters coming in and running a smooth clean current to these sticks @ 2.9v (keeping that warranty happy) , Also have a OCZ Powerstream 520 OTW , which should keep the volts to the motherboard good and stable God i love these XMS3200LL BH-5 sticks now that i have hardware that doesnt hold them down. Im hoping to hit 240fsb with the clean current within warranty volts but if i dont im still ahead of the game with a great OC at GREAT timings. :laughing: :D: ;):

[URL=http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/accessories/OCZ_DDR_Booster_Diagnostic_Device]DDR booster link[/URL] Its a device that Cleans and stablizes the Voltage that goes into your RAM , it also alows your Voltage to go higher then what the bios is set for (on certain boards) On my P4C800E Deluxe it will alow me to increase my Ram voltage from 2.85v to 3.6v , though ill likely stay at 2.9v. Its also a cleaner and alot more stable voltage so it increased OCing ability and stability. Eva2000 (i think thats his name) has had some GREAT results with the added stability.

Excellent OC! I have some XMS3200LL v1.1 too. currently running at FSB214 (DDR428). But I won't be able to do 1:1 as I'm currently running CPU FSB of 261. Yeah those booster thingies look interesting. I only have 2 ram slots though :( so I won't be using them on my system. Make sure you crank up that active ram cooling!

IM getting the new Thermalright XP-120 HS to cool my CPU , its HUGE and actually covers my Caps and the 120" fan will be blowing dirrectly on those aswell as i have a 120" fan (90CFM) that im going to mount on top of my Ram (i have a fan controller to tweek the speed and sound) Only thing left is getting a Northbridge cooler that will fit next to the XP-120

Archived