Corsair Community

Trade in Force 3 for Force GT?

dyslecix

Hi, I just got a Corsair force at frys for 173 with tax, but after rebate it would be around 138$. I went on newegg a few days ago and noticed the force gt is 190 with a 30 MIR, and free 2-day shipping, which would be a 20$ price difference. My question is should I take this one back and buy the Force GT from newegg. This MIR deal ends on the 13th. Also.. If I get the Force GT will I notice boot up speed difference, or any other real world differences? My main thing is boot time. I want to know if there would be a difference or not. Would there be a difference in load times for games also?

I read about this a few days ago, but I can't find the post atm. As far as I can remeber there was someone who changed from Force (SATA2) to Force GT (SATA3) and he couldn't observe a shorter boot time. I'm not sure, but this may be similar to loading times for games: I suppose there will be a slight difference, but will you notice it? Or can you only measure it? And is this worth 20$? If you can answer first or last question with "Yes", you should buy the GT! :cool:

well you have 2 intel sata3 ports which is what i was looking for, you also have the marvel controller but may not proove to be as fast.

i would say get the fastest drive for you buck seeing you have an intel controller to get the fastese speed possible without the marvel bottleneck :)

Archived