Corsair Community

Proposal for a version 2 (Advance) version of the Corsair 600T and 650D case

Grindstein

...with regards to a filter, it's not very elegant but it does work, and that's taking women's black coloured tights/nylon stockings/whatever you want to call them

I'm not sure what you are trying to get at here, but black womens nylon stockings are the very height of elegance!

:D::D::D:

(actually, that's a very good tip - and one I have heard before but keep forgetting when I'm loitering in the lingerie department)

I'm not sure what you are trying to get at here, but black womens nylon stockings are the very height of elegance!

:D::D::D:

(actually, that's a very good tip - and one I have heard before but keep forgetting when I'm loitering in the lingerie department)

LOL, okay you win, nylon stockings are elegant. :D: Maybe that should be included in all new Corsair cases, a pair of nylon stockings to fit onto the case for added sex appeal :D:

(I would make a picture of a pair of women's legs with stockings on with a 800D case attached to them, but it might be a bit too nsfw to be allowed xD)

I've heard it multiple times, but I've never really had reason to try it, but if ever the need arose, I might give it a go :)

I know you can fit a 200mm rad up front, but even that is a tight fit according to some, and the choice of 200mm rads and fans isn't that great, so having the extra choice would be great :)

I just listed what is possible so far... and more option are always a good thing. ;):

There is one thing you can do with regards to a filter, it's not very elegant but it does work, and that's taking women's black coloured tights/nylon stockings/whatever you want to call them, and cut out the shape you want and make a frame to attach the piece to and then fit it where you want in a way it can't be seen on the case, but it is a very ghetto solution xD

It can look good, if its done right. But it becomes difficult to clean at the borders of a frame as dust tend to cling there.

Right now i'm eperimenting with mosquito net, but the mesh seems to be a bit too wide for dust. The next frame for tests will have two or three layers - hopefully this will do the trick... ;):

even though fitting fans up there as intake is working against the laws of physics, and exhaust would be better imo ^___^

Most people overestimate convection. Hot air goes up - thats right - but in a normal case you don't have enough of it to have a big impact (same goes for real big cases like the ACTS). A single fan can easily divert this.

Next thing is that the 650D got one big design flaw - it got too many exhausts. This results in a non optimal airflow, which then leads to overall higher temperatures.

But good luck on finding a filter, I'm sure something will turn up eventually :)

I've got 'a few' ideas (looks at the proxxon :D:)... One will work out.

It definitely would be nice if Corsair had made it possible to fit bigger rads/more types of rad, but ah well, maybe an updated version will have that option, 'cause you never know, Corsair do tend to take ideas on board and use them :)

Mosquito net sounds like it might work well if you can put enough layers together, but I dunno, because it sounds like once you've put enough layers together for an effective filter, you end up restricting air flow too much, but I don't have any experience with Mosquito net, so it's all conjecture from me ^___^

You're probably right with regards to having top case fans as intake, but I've never really wanted to try a top case fan as intake due to the sheer amount of dust it'd pull in, but it's got me wondering if I ought to give it a go, cause at the moment the idle and especially load temps of my processor are sitting a bit high for my liking, and I wonder if positive air pressure would work better for temps in my case.

The more I think about it, the more I'm wanting to try switching the top fan around as intake and see whether that improves temps or not, but the dust issue is my biggest concern... Looks like I'm gonna be butchering a couple of tights and using some plastic u-channel to make a filter xD

I had to google what proxxon was then :D: But I get you now, they're a German power tool company :D:

I do hope you don't mean taking a power tool to the case, I'm a fabricator/welder by trade but even I'd be too nervous to take a power tool to such a nice case :D:

Things I'd like to see improved...

Native 2x120 fan support in the front. Maybe replace the floor of the 5.25" bays with a bar mounted with screws, or make the bottom half removable.

Additionally, native support for a third 120mm fan in the roof would be excellent. The space is already there, but requires making the hole on your own.

Beyond that things are fine imo. You can fit a 360x30 rad in roof and 240 rad at the front with relatively minor alterations of the case already, but Corsair implementing these features out of the box would be excellent.

One of the best cases on the market to be quite frank but there are a few improvements that could be made;

1. Internal USB 3.0 19 pin headers with USB 3.0 to 2.0 adapter, it lets all users have clean wiring at the rear of the case as well as providing support for those with older motherboards.

2. Another 10-15mm of space behind the motherboard tray, to allow for easy cable management, even for the most lazy builder out there (Such as me :D ) and reinforced sidepanels. By that I mean a couple of steel spars running the length of the sidepanel, makeing it less likely to bend and flex.

3. Support for dual 120mm fans at the front of the case, for obvious reasons.

4. Filter similar to the one at the front for the top of the case. It would really make the aesthetic so much cleaner and sleak, which is obviously the goal with the Obsidian line.

5. Rubber anti vibration strips between the PSU and the case, right now it's metal on metal, less than ideal, a tiny detail but one that really counts.

I would prefer thumbscrews or a system like the 800D/550D for the sidepanels, the latches for me are a little fugly. Then again I did go a little OCD with cable management so.... Still, an excellent case. Just come to Australia and tell them to lower the price to RRP :D

For the most part I think the 600T is great!

I Love (and bought because):

1. The latch side panel design.
  2. The handles on top.
  3. The 200mm fans.
  4. The included "mesh" four fan side panel insert.

But a few things STINK and need to be changed.

1. The lack of two current design USB 3.0 plugs in addition to what is already there.
  2. Lack of a dust filter for "mesh" side panel.
  3. A switch to turn fan lights off - or better change color and brightness.

Finally a feeling that Corsair just really does not care about keeping up with the times or supporting past customers.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 650D and i'll make a few suggestions if its ok.

1. Most important, more space between the door and the mobo tray for cable management. No matter what you try at the min the cables are pressing against the door.

2. The front USB ports should have a USB 3 motherboard header connection instead of the current usb female connectors.

3. The front 200mm fan is awful, ive never known a noisier fan, who signed that thing off lol. Corsair make some superb and very quiet AF series fans, why not make a 200mm version of those to use in the case or have the front like the top where you can have 2 x 140mm fans. Does it even need that honeycomb mesh on the inside ? Personally i don't think it does as you would get better air flow without it, your protected by the mesh filter on the front anyway.

4. Make the LED's on the power button and hard drive indicater different colours instead of both being white, how about blue for the power button and keep white for the hard drive indicator ?

5. Make the rear I/O panel sheild a better quality one.

6. Nobody i know uses firewire anymore, i'd lose that connector.

I love the design of the case, its sleek and classy but not in your face with nice lines. If the above were included in a revision it would be an even bigger hit than it is now.

Finally a feeling that Corsair just really does not care about keeping up with the times or supporting past customers.

Your crazy! this is a company that has a record of being the first to do a lot of things, everyone copies off them. Besides that they offer upgrade kits when new tech comes out and have great warranty and customer support.

I give up from USB 3.0 Internal in 650D.

Lucky for me I don't need so many USB Ports and I didn't install this tools at all.

http://i.imgur.com/CVGxP.jpg

I use back Intel USB 3.0 Ports for front panel USB 3.0 because is easy to use front panel.

But with normal behave on Corsair engineers and understand need to make later and put in shop like options... I would have more two Intel USB 3.0 now won't because I avoid cable mess for any cost.

I back fabric rubber on Internal USB 3.0 and I don't think at all but sometimes I really don't understand some movement of people like when AMD engineers totaly close 6970 with little fan and make 95C like ..... people and this for USB 3.0 and after that all other cases have normal and 800D have upograde kit only 600T and 650D have some I don't know system like tomorrow over production of that cases and no need more for that.

As an original 600t owner (bought it the first week it came out)

there are many improvements that can be done:

-allow the mount of the hdd cage inside the 5.25 bay area with rails so it can be secured

-more space in the front to allow thicker fans

-allow us to use 120mm/140mm fan size in the front as well as 200mm

-make the case a little taller to allow PUSH/PULL configurations for corsair h100

-2x usb 3.0 with internal adapter

-get rid of firewire

-replace firewire with esata

-2x usb 2.0 is enough (to reduce the cable clutter from 4)

-separate fan controllers instead of 1 controlling 4 at the same time

-the side mesh should be accommodate 200mm instead of 4x 120mm

-more holes/tabs on the mobo tray so i can tie up the messy cables

-a separate component on the back of the mobo to allow storing of unused cables.

-mountable intake fan on the bottom (next to psu) if we choose to rid of the two harddrive cages.

-fan mount for 120mm fan in the 5.25 bay for extra cooling

-fan mountable clips to allow us mount a 120mm fan to the hdd cage and allow us to tip the fan in an angle (nzxt switch case)

Archived