Corsair Community

1333 or 1600Mhz DD3 ram for Overclocking i5 750 ASus P7p55d Pro

brannons

NOTE-I tried the corsair mem tool, but the options were to overwhelming. I like to think I know a few things over the years, but really need to bounce my thoughts off of you pro's..

Need advice on what Corsair memory to purchase. (Note, I used the Asus OC tool to auto achieve this).

I’m currently running a Asus P7p55d pro mobo with a quad core i5 750 oc’d to 3513Mhz.

My memory is crap 4Gig (2x2) of 1033mhz ddr3 ram stock running in dual channel running at 1240mhz

I want 8 gig, my mobo support 1333Mhz by default. My question is, ,do I get 8 gig ram of 1333mhz for the over clocking that I’m doing, or do I go with 8 gig 1600Mhz? I just want to achieve higher ram speeds while doubling my memory.

And do I do 4ghx2 or 2ghzx4 ? From what I’ve read, I’m gathering I’s want 4ghz x2.

If I could just get a answer or two before being bumped, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks folks.

A...Do I need Corsair 1333mhz overclockable memory for my rig,

or

B...regular nothing fancy 1600mhz memory for my Rig?

My default i5 750 runs at 2.6ghz with a default 1333mhz memory speed.

I'm overclocking my i5 quad core currently at 3513Mhz using cheap 1033mhz memory.

I just need to know A or B?

A...Do I need Corsair 1333mhz overclockable memory for my rig,

There is no such thing. If it is rated at 1333 mhz then that is all Corsair can guarante. Same goes for the 16000mz modules. If you are overclocking and want more headroom, go for the 1600mhz DIMMS.

Archived