Corsair Community

Fan Controller In 5.25

Sugarfly

Howdy

Having a slight issue I have a Lamptron FC Touch fan controller that my girlfriend bought me for our anniversary. See would love to see it installed but I have a problem with the the 5.25 bays and the tool less system. Because the fan controller isn't full sized it wont clip in properly, and the screw holes wont line up. Is there an adapter I can get to put on the bay or the fan controller so that it will fit using the tool less system or is there a way that I can remove the tool less clips?

All help much appreciated.

I had issues with my Sunbeam fan controller in my Corsair 500R and the fact that it's only small, not a full length 5.25" object (like a DVD drive).

Fortunately in my scenario the Fan controller sits very snugly in the 5.25" bay and can be pushed or pulled forward to sit flush with the front as required. (bit of fiddling and force needed)

I would have liked to have seated it properly too but it's okay as-is.

• 2 weeks later...
See it will fit in all were 5.25 but only thing is the holes are closed by the clip but you can manage to see it from the centre view. I had 400R and used senetry and i didnt find difficult at all. At first moment wondering how will it be fixed but managed to get the holes and i can easily fix one screw at left and right.

Archived