Corsair Community

CSSD-F60GB3A-BK Much slower than expected

khushsk

I just installed a new CSSD-F60GB3A-BK on my system, and installed Windows 7 x64 on it.

* The BIOS SATA config is set to AHCI, without IDE compatibility.

* I tried this with both the Microsoft AHCI drivers and the AMD AHCI drivers

* My Mobo is a Biostar TA890GXB AM3 w/SATA III ports

I am using a SATA 3 cable [bought one specifically to get all I could out of it].

I tried benchmarking with AS SSD and got a max of around 190MB/s Read and 55 MB/s write. After searching online and finding out that ATTO was the better test, I tried benchmarking with that.

Through all the tests, the max speed I have mananged to get on ATTO is about 230MB/s.

I checked Windows, TRIM is enabled. I have disabled defrag, though I doubt this should degrade performance.

I also upgraded to the latest firmware but no joy. Any ideas? If I am repeating this post, please redirect. I couldn't find any threads that were conclusive and didn't want to hijack someone else's thread.

Currently at work, so I'll post the images for the two tests as soon as I get home.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
One is designated by the model number CSSD-F60GB3A-BK retailing for 10-20 USD less than the CSSD-F60GB3-BK variant. Corsair’s “A” designation refers to drives that use 25nm ICs compared to the older 34nm. This translates to lower cost for the consumer but sometimes at a slightly lesser performance. The “A” variant of the Force 3 60GB SSD maxes out at 525 MB/S sequential read compared to the 550 MB/S of the CSSD-F60GB3-BK model.

One is designated by the model number CSSD-F60GB3A-BK retailing for 10-20 USD less than the CSSD-F60GB3-BK variant. Corsair’s “A” designation refers to drives that use 25nm ICs compared to the older 34nm. This translates to lower cost for the consumer but sometimes at a slightly lesser performance. The “A” variant of the Force 3 60GB SSD maxes out at 525 MB/S sequential read compared to the 550 MB/S of the CSSD-F60GB3-BK model.

I think the "A" was only for the Force Series SSDs to identify it was using 25nm ICs.

For the Force 3, The drive ships with firmware 1.3.3.

Archived