Corsair Community

Asus P8P67 PRO & Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB

r_moore04

I have an asus P8P67 PRO and the Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-15000C9 1866MHz Dual Channel Kit (CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9B)with the i7 2600k, has been running ok for about 3 weeks, (no overclock) then yesterday morning had a bluescreen, restarted and had a solid red DRAM LED, i pressed the memok button and it posted, so went into bios and it said it was running at only 1066MHz, when before it was running at 1333MHz, i took one memory stick out and still had a solid red DRAM LED, pressed memok again and posted into bios, and was still only running at 1066MHz but put the other 1 in on its own and it ran fine at 1333MHz, the faulty one only posts at speeds 1066MHz or 800MHz, the one that works posts at any speed, have i got a fauly memory stick?

It's possible. You need to do a memory test. Memtest86 is one I recommend. Run a short one now and test them. Run another one over night to get a thorough test of them before we say its a ram issue.

Have you flashed your bios after booting with memok? The bios flash makes the MemOk feature more stable and allows you to save your bios correctly. Before, MemOk would reset your bios each time it found a "problem" with the Ram but the update fixes that.

From the sounds of your situation I'm not sure if this is your problem but its a good thing to do if you haven't already.

Either way, run memtest86 and lets see if your ram it ok.

Check this thread for instructions -- http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=38206

i ran memtest last night for 2 hours with the "faulty" memory and it ran 4 tests and all came back as passed fine, but that was running at 1066MHz, i reset and went into bios and set everything to auto and saved setting, and got nothing but a solid red DRAM LED, and had to use the memok button which then set it to 1066MHz, iv tried to set it to 1333MHz and have the same prob, iv flashed the bios with an updated version, and still the same prob, i have cleared the bios of all the setting and even taken out the battery, still the same problem, but the other memory stick works fine at any speed, so just have that one in for now, i can put them both in, but they both run at 1066MHz or 800MHz

was running in A2 and B2 as said in my motherboard manual, running the good stick in A2 now, but have tried all the slots with the bad stick, and get the same problem, and not that possible really, no money lol

So one works as a single stick, with the desired speed and the other one doesn't?

If that's the case, you definitely have a bad stick of ram. RMA time!

yes one stick works at the desired speed and the other one doesnt, sent to corsair and would i have to send both sticks?

Not sure but if you got them as a set, I would say probably. Call them and explain your problem and they can assist you. Hopefully they can just take the one back but usually businesses want to be difficult and get everything.

Archived