Corsair Community

No boot with Asus P8P67 Pro...

Anjelous

I have my MoBo, CPU + fan, PSU, and RAM all hooked up. I'm using the Corsair Vengeance 8GB model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B.

What happens is I get no 'beep' when I attempt a test boot by shorting the power switch. The MoBo works and all, removing the RAM gets me the 'one long beep two short' so I'm pretty sure I've isolated the problem to the RAM.

After I get a 'silent' boot I press the MemOk button on the MoBo to try and 'tune' the RAM, which is what it says to do in my manual. The MemOK does its thing, flashes for a good minute or so, but eventually settles down to being one continuous red light again. My MoBo manual says if this happens the RAM is either installed wrong or plain incompatible.

Now, I -have- heard of people having issues with this model RAM and the P8P67 Pro. But I've also seen people having it work fine. :confused:

Can anyone give me some ideas here? This is my first build so feel free to point out stupidities in my post or blatant errors of logic

im having the same kind of problem, but one of my ram sticks works fine and the other one will not post at speeds faster then 1066MHz, if i try and post at faster speeds i just get the solid red DRAM LED and have to press memok, which brings the speed back down to 1066 or 800, but put my other stick in and it works at any speed

Add one stick of ram only and try to reboot.

Press and hold the MemOk button for 3-5 seconds and release. I've had to do this three times every time I booted with MemOk. Eventually, after pressing and holding 3 or so times, the light will flash and go off. If you are able to get it off and boot up to windows, make sure you flash the bios before rebooting again. This will fix the memory compatibility issue.

lol true but only using one memory stick now :( i have a every strange problem lol

Not one stick of memory forever, just to initially boot. Sometimes it helps, don't ask why I don't know.

To Anjelous, not 3-5 times. Hold the button 3 - 5 seconds and release. I personally have had to do it 3 times before and after I flashed my Bios I never had to use MemOk again.

I took this second video of the MemOk testing. Its not the whole three, just one, but im afraid it doesnt seem to be having any effect. This poor computer has yet to even see a bios screen!

I've got a new model vengeance memory (the black ones) arriving Tuesday so I'll be able to test this with different ram. Would like to get it running before that though

Ok this is looking more serious..

Is this a brand-new build? As in you've never had it working?

If so this looks to be another dead mobo issue. The problem could be anywhere from the CPU to the Ram slots.

Try booting with one stick of ram in slot 1. Then 2-3-4 trying to see if any will boot. Reseat the CPU and check again.

Make sure you are booting with only Ram installed. Disconnect any other device, including your video card if its installed. Just boot with the absolute bare minimum to enter your bios (power, ram, keyboard, mouse, monitor).

By reseat the CPU you mean to take it out of its slot and reinstall it? This is indeed my first build and no I have never had this machine running (I only finished putting it all together yesterday morning)

Yes, disconnect your mobo from all power and reseat the CPU, its a long shot buts it has happened before. Make sure no pins on the CPU are bent or anything like that.

I'm leaning towards mobo being defective but I don't want you to go through that if I'm wrong about it. Is there any way you can get one stick of ram that you know 100% certain is compatible and try booting with that? You can save your receipt and take it back if it doesn't help, but its better than taking the whole mobo back or even worse, shipping it back and waiting for another.

Try booting with the bare minimum as instructed in my last post, using only 1 slot of ram each boot, trying all slots. What happened?

Tested the ram slots in sequence:

One stick of Ram slot 1: one long beep, two short. DRAM LED lit continuously.*

Ram slot 2: one long beep, two short. DRAM LED lit continuously.*

Ram slot 3 same

Slot 4 same*

You are trying the MemOk each time correct?

Is your video card installed?

Remember when booting up, only the essentials (for now). Your mobo should have integrated graphics that will run your system (not games) fine. So you do not need your video card at this time. Boot ONLY with power to mobo, ram, keyboard, mouse and monitor. Let me know if you can get to your bios.

I can't tell you why but I suddenly have it working in bios off one of the mem sticks. I didn't really do anything different this time, i installed it but didn't really do it any different than I have since yesterday.

Anyway, now I'm in bios! Whoo! What in the world do I do to enable this second so far extraneous memstick? I tried posting with both in and got a silent/failed boot

I can't tell you why but I suddenly have it working in bios off one of the mem sticks. I didn't really do anything different this time, i installed it but didn't really do it any different than I have since yesterday.

Anyway, now I'm in bios! Whoo! What in the world do I do to enable this second so far extraneous memstick? I tried posting with both in and got a silent/failed boot

Try the other stick in the slot that you were able to get it working in. If it doesn't work, try the one that worked and see if it still works. Have you tried that one slot before?

Archived