Corsair Community

Cmx4gx3m2a1600c9 + asus p7p55d-e pro?

Purkinje90

Hello all,

I built a new PC at the beginning of Dec of 2010, and I'm fairly certain one of the memory sticks has just recently gone out. I have 2 2GB CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 memory sticks in my motherboard.

My question is, how can I be sure that this memory stick really has gone out? I've run memtest with both sticks in and I got a lot of errors, but when I run it with only the working stick in, I pass just fine with no errors. I was sure to disable Legacy USB Support in the BIOS before running memtest, but still no luck. I'm guessing that it's just the one stick that's the culprit here.

Also, if it does mean that this memory stick has gone out, would it be a good idea to RMA this package of both memory sticks and get the same product back? Are these two pieces of hardware fully compatible with each other?

Also, I tried enabling XMP in the BIOS and reran memtest, and still no luck.

Any and all help is much appreciated!

I have tested the suspected bad memory stick in the slot that the good stick is currently working in by itself, and I still get errors in memtest.

EDIT: If I choose to RMA these 2 sticks (they were part of a 4GB package), should I go through Newegg.com (since I bought it there) or should go directly through Corsair's site? Does it even matter which one?

Thanks!

Archived