Corsair Community

Problem with xms3 and msi gd70 790fx

trololo85

Hi,I have problem with getting my ram run at 1333, which is the default frequency. First I installed 4 gigs and didnt have any problem, but when I added 4 more, my computer was unable to enter windows.

I searched in the forum and tried to increase the voltage up to 1.68 and setting the timings to 9,9,9,24 but I only got a BSOD as a result. Up to now, I have my ram running at 1066, everything else is in auto.

Please, any advice?

Thanks in advanced, and sorry for my english.

CPU-Z cannot tell you the part number of the kit (nor is EEE correct). The kit part number will be on your receipt. Also, the serial number is not needed.

You are attempting to mix 2 kits together which were not packaged together, correct? If so, these 2 kits have not been tested together and therefore cannot be guaranteed to work together.

Try lowering the memory speed to 1066 MHz.

Unfortunatelly I dont have the receive, but yes, those are two separate kits each one of 2x2gb. I ve been working with that config (1066) without any problems, but I was wondering if there is a way to make those two kits working together, since both are the same brand and model.

Thanks for your help.

Archived