Corsair Community

AMD SB850 & Force F60

barry2811

Personally I would use the microsoft one as I have always had advertised speed with them and no stability problems. I never even bothered to try the Intel drivers because of my lack of problems.

It's really up to your preference, but most likely there is minimal impact. I would try both and report back which you like better, if there is any difference at all.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/integrated_win7-32.aspx#3

AHCI for Windows 7 62.7 MB 10.12 12/13/2010

Thats a link to 32bit , get the correct one for yours if you got 64bit

The 10.12 driver you link to looks like it has TRIM support removed as I said. See this for info (taken from another forum - can't link due to censoring);

Quote Originally Posted by dm7000s View Post

Btw, there is also a reference in the .inf file that trim is supported:

[amd_xata_Service_AddReg]

HKR, "Parameters","AmdXataTrimSupport",%REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR, "Parameters","AmdXataOptions",%REG_DWORD%, 1

The latest 10.12 AHCI driver does NOT have that line in the inf.

Driver version is: DriverVer=11/04/2010,1.2.001.0269

The 10.11 driver also had a readme.rtf which referenced TRIM support being added. This reference has been removed from the 10.12 driver's readme.rtf.

Personally I would use the microsoft one as I have always had advertised speed with them and no stability problems. I never even bothered to try the Intel drivers because of my lack of problems.

It's really up to your preference, but most likely there is minimal impact. I would try both and report back which you like better, if there is any difference at all.

The Microsoft AHCI driver hogs the CPU though which is something I would rather avoid if the AMD driver supports TRIM.

Anyone know how well Sandforce drives garbage collection performs? Is TRIM necessary with the Force series?

With the Microsoft driver and the same chipset my secondary drive would not show up after resume from sleep. The AMD AHCI driver fixed this problem for me. I too have the F60 as the boot drive.

I have this problem currently with my mechanical drives using the MS driver - I'm using an SB600 board at the minute - ready to swap to the SB850 with my new board at Christmas.

Looks like I can have TRIM support using the MS driver but with greater CPU overhead and the sleep issue. Or I can use the AMD driver and probably lose TRIM and I'm not sure about the performance.

Wish AMD would sort this mess out!

I have this problem currently with my mechanical drives using the MS driver - I'm using an SB600 board at the minute - ready to swap to the SB850 with my new board at Holidays.

Looks like I can have TRIM support using the MS driver but with greater CPU overhead and the sleep issue. Or I can use the AMD driver and probably lose TRIM and I'm not sure about the performance.

Wish AMD would sort this mess out!

AMD AHCI Driver supports trim.

Hi, wanting to know of the driver 10.12 AHCI for Windows 7 supports Trim on SSD drives ? Thanks

Thankyou for contacting AMD.

Yes, our drivers do support TRIM, although TRIM operations have much more to do with the functioning of the operating system.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

Mike

AMD Global Customer Care

Just a quick question:

I will be installing Corsair Force 60GB on an Asrock 780G motherboard and I'm wondering whether I should have a floppy with the AMD Ahci drivers or install it using the default Microsoft Ahci drivers and then update...

...that is, if the AMD drivers offer less cpu overhead and equal or better performance...

Just a quick question:

I will be installing Corsair Force 60GB on an Asrock 780G motherboard and I'm wondering whether I should have a floppy with the AMD Ahci drivers or install it using the default Microsoft Ahci drivers and then update...

...that is, if the AMD drivers offer less cpu overhead and equal or better performance...

The AMD AHCI driver ONLY supports TRIM for SB8xx chipset or newer.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/450343-post35.html

Yes it shows as enabled but is it working?

CrystalDiskInfo is not capable of showing you if TRIM is enabled or not. It only tells you if the DISK is capable of TRIM.

Even if you had fsutil disabledeletenotify set to 1, it would still say the same thing.

The only way to tell if TRIM is properly working, is to manually check its functionality.

Archived