Corsair Community

Corsair 800D hotswap bay

gazman2k3

Hi I just build a new system around the Corsair 600T case,what the problem is I have filled all 6 harddrive bays inside the case and what the ideal thing for me to do is put a 4 bay hotswap bay at the front of the case,is it possible for me to buy the 4 bay hotswap bay from the Corsair 800D case so I can use in my 600T.

That would be perfect having the 800D hotswap bay at the front of the 600T that would give me 10 harddrive bays.

Don't believe it's compatible.

Thanks for the reply but wouldn't it just be like this Lian Li EX-H34B SATA Hot Swap HDD Cage http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=408&products_id=11160 which is the exact same thing all it needs is 3x5.25" bays which the 600t has 4 I am using one for the dvd burner and have 3 bays left for a hotswap bay,I mean I could just use the Lian Li one I spose but I just wanted to stick with the Corsair brand if it was possible to buy it.

A generic 5.25" to 3.5" converter would work fine, yes, but you cannot take a HDD cage that comes with the 800D and slap it in a 600T. If you mean something else, please clarify.

So the 800D cage mustn't work the same as this one here I was thinking the 800D one would of been just a cage which needed 3 5.25 bays like the Lian Li cage above in that link,have you had a look at that link doesn't the corsair cage work in the same way.

I almost did what your talking about with my 800D and then did something different. I do know you could slide the hot swap cage into the 5 1/4 in bays. The problem is mounting the front plate with the 4 slots which are needed to hold the drives in place, It will not allow you to fully seal the front bezel onto the case. been there done that !!!!!! doesn't work.

Archived