Corsair Community

Computer won't start up with TX 750W

Toffen

SOLUTION

My Asus motherboard got a "MEM OK" button for boot failure. The purpose of this button is "fine tuning" for open case modders and O/C.

On pushing this button my system powered on successfully.

Big thanks goes out to Adam24 for leading this way.

Hope this helps for some of you!

Hello,

I recently bought a new psu for my newbuilt computer. My choice was the Corsair TX 750w, as i wanted to have some extra power incase i would o/c later on.

When i hit the on button my fans start spinning and then they stopped. After a few sec the same happen. Fans going on and off without the computer being able to start up.

I thought there might be something wrong with my PSU so i went to the store to get a new one. But the still problem remains.

I decided to try another PSU called Bluestorm (500W) and it worked. Computer booted up and worked like a charm. Then tried Corsair CX 400W PSU. Again the pc booted up without a problem.

To me it seems like the PSU and MB just wont work together. I refuse to believe that i'm so unluky to get two broked psu's from the store.

This is a bit frustrating. But i don't want to give up just yet.

I hope there is someone out there with the same problem with a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: The PSU works great on another computer.

Edit 2: I've both reset cmos and updated bios. No luck.

Edit 3: Paperclip test was successful!

SOLUTION

My Asus motherboard got a "MEM OK" button for boot failure. The purpose of this button is "fine tuning" for open case modders and O/C.

On pushing this button my system powered on successfully.

Big thanks goes out to Adam24 for leading this way.

Hope this helps for some of you!

Admin: Wired are the alarm bells starting to ring out yet!
Considering that he stated the PSU worked fine on another system, and then it worked fine on the original when he hit the Mem O/C button? Tells me it was the system and not the PSU. Certainly odd that the other PSUs worked fine, but if all that button did was to reset some BIOS settings (working theory), then you'd need to ask about the specifics of that button.

Archived