Corsair Community

Random BSOD with PC2-6400 XMS2 C4

CrazyIvor

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded to Win 7 64-bit and am currently experiencing random BSOD's, the error messages vary but the most common one is BAD_POOL_HEADER. I've been using XP pro on this rig for 2 years without a single BSOD. The BSOD's can either happen a few times a day or once or twice a week, it's that random. Anyway to cut a long story short, I've not changed any hardware since moving to Win7, or done any further OC'ing. I've done all the driver updates, dump checks, driver and registry cleaning and other BSOD problem solving I can think of.

I've scanned my HDD with MHDD and Seagate Tools and they are 100% fine, all my other hardware checks out. I ran Memtest +86 today for 12 hours and got two errors. This coupled with the huge number of forum post's i've read regarding BSOD's leads me to believe my memory must be falling over?

The error message from Memtest looked like this:

WallTime: 12:00:00

Cached: 4095M

RSUDMEM: 328K

MEMMAP: E820

CACHE: ON

ECC: OFF

TEST: STD

PASS: 12

ERRORS: 2

ECC ERS: 0

Test: 7

PASS: 6

FAILING ADDRESS: 0012FC13E98

GOOD: 143FBF3C

BAD: 153FBF3C

ERR-BITS: 01000000

COUNT: 1

CHAN: (bank)

Can someone intemperated this information/result for me? What do you guys think? any help would be much appreciate.

Did you have Legacy USB support disabled when you ran memtest? It can cause false positives.

Generally if memory's failing you'd get a ton of errors, not 2. That indicates false positives or a bad setting. Test ONE stick at a time in the same slot using Memtest86+ v4.00 to see if it's a slot or memory stick issue.

USB Legacy support is set to Auto on my MOBO - On closer inspection Auto = Disabled unless a USB device is detected, I'll go away and run the test again with it off. How long do you recommend testing each stick for? Thanks for the quick reply by the way.

Archived