Corsair Community

hx1000 quit working.....

bob808

hi. I unhooked my computer today to hook up a 40mm fan on my northbridge for a bit of extra cooling. When i plugged everything back in, I have no power coming from the hx1000. It was working fine before i unplugged it. Now nothing. I unplugged all the wires from the front of the unit (only ones hooked up are the hard wired connections) and tried that, nada. I unplugged the psu and let it sit for a bit hoping there maybe some sort of timed relay or something.. obviously, I made sure the switch was in the on position in the back and even tried the off position... I did not change anything else besides add the one 40mm fan. The computer is plugged into a apc surge protector and I tried moving the cord to a different position and then tried a different power cord. still nothing. Anything I should try?

Thanks,

Bob

Looks like I jumped the gun a bit. I read about the paper clip test and unhooked all power wired from psu and mobo and stuck ends of paper clip to green and black of 24 pin wire. At first I didnt think fan was spinning because it was soo quiet, but it was indeed. Plugged everything back in and now its working again. A wire must have loosened up a little bit in the process of moving the computer from the living room to the kitchen table and back.

Corsair makes the best products. I'm sure if it was my psu that was bad, I would not have had any problems with customer service.

Sincerely,

Bob

Archived