Corsair Community

cpu temp question

voodoothenoob

47 C is what i am getting from mbm5 and pcalert4 and hmonitor so i assume all 3 are accurate along with same temp in my bios (all temps idle temps ) corsair hydrocool reads 28 C my question is: for 225 fsb on P4 3.2, are these temps within expectations of a watercooled cpu?

voodoothenoob, The 47C is being read by your various monitoring software from the same thermistor on the MOBO. Usually under the base of the processor. This will give the temperature for it's location, but not what the processor would be on the very top. The HC reading is the coolant temperature of the cold-block. Unless you're really good at placing a thermistor on the base of the cold-block and just touching the hot zone of the processor, then you would receive the closest and most accurate reading of what the processor is seeing. To go to this trouble requires some skills that review sites and hard-core OC'ers go to. Not to mention the added cost of a flat thermistor and the machined grove into the base of the cold-block along with calculating the tolerance stack-up. When all is said and done, you would find that the MOBO thermistor and the HC thermistor can be averaged to get really close to the test-lab setup to really determine the exact temperatures. This has been discussed in rather lengthy detail here in another thread. Stev

Archived