XMS2-6400 <- spec with 1.8v ?

Kampele

Hello!

At first, sorry my bad english..

I bought these TWIN2X4096-6400C5

But i notice that the specs..

" XMS2-6400 CM2X20486400C5

1.80v Ver 3.1 2806349 08440205"

If you notice, these are spec with 1.80v, Corsair's site says these are 1.9v ?

Do i have better memory or worse kit ?

If i overclock these CL 4-4-4-12 23T 800mhz 2.1v wont work good, but 940mhz@5-4-4-8-20T 2.1v work perfectly :bigeyes:

Is these Micron's IC,ProMOS or who's ?

Thank you very much if you understood me :o:

Edit.Extra quostions.

*Do i have anymore warranty these memory because i overclocked them ?

*I read that XM2S2 (?) can be sold by TWIN2X name IF XM2S2 dont't fail the test ?

Jimm's pc sold me TWIN2X kit but on memory heatspeader reads XM2S2?

So do i have right rams or is these worse than what they should be selling ? (No any marks on heatspeader of "TWINX2")

I have been searching but i cant know do i have right memory wich i bought or cheapper/worse memory :(:

But i know that, these ram are spec 1.9v in Corsair's site but on my rams is 1.8v:bigeyes: (And there is NOT anymarks about "TWINX" code.

I just wanned to buy good rams, well these are going good but i wonder if i have wrong memory, how the TWINX memory will overclock :D:

These are PSC IC's. All the major DRAM manufacturing companies have pretty much stopped production of DDR2 and moved to DDR3.

Different fabrications can have different voltage requirements. Go by the requirements on your DRAM module. Keep in mind that this is the tested value and you have a maximum warranted value of up to and including 2.1v with that DRAM.

2 X CM2X20486400C5 = 1 Kit of TWIN2X4086-400C5

DDR2 is very highly binned now that it is not being developed anymore. As well, 2GB modules do not clock all that high. Thus your overclock will very likely not be higher than 100Mhz or so (If That) and CAN'T be garanteed at any rate.

Test it and find out. :p:

These are PSC IC's. All the major DRAM manufacturing companies have pretty much stopped production of DDR2 and moved to DDR3.

Different fabrications can have different voltage requirements. Go by the requirements on your DRAM module. Keep in mind that this is the tested value and you have a maximum warranted value of up to and including 2.1v with that DRAM.

Thank you ! :)

So, these IC is "PSC". (I though couple minutes ago that theses ELPIDAs IC)

So, if i understood you, warranty end if i go over the 2.1v but i can run these rams these settings without losing warranty..

So now i know i have right rams ! :sunglasse

I think these go over 1000mhz with CL5 settings.

Maybe tomorror test with dads E7200 so i can run ~500fsb and go over the 1000mhz, with this damn AMD i just cant go over the 100mhz because my MSI fail everytime when i go closely ~250fsb.

Well, thanks again, i clad you helped me. :):

Morning,

I have run MemTest over night and it didn.t fail ! :sunglasse

940mhz 5-4-4-8-2T-20T 2.1v

Now i am running 5-4-4-6-2T-20T 2.1v

What you guys think should i keep these 24/7 or put Cl5 back ? ( Not much differend to performance)

And now warrianty questons..again..

*I lose warrianty if i put over the 2.1v ?

*I dont't lose warrianty if i change latency or overclock these ?

(Luckily rams cost as same as soap)

I really like these Corsair's, maybe i test how much these go, with Intel.

Cheers.

As long as you do not go over 2.1v, you won''t void the warranty. Messing with the timings / speed cannot damage the memory. Worst case, the system won't boot and you'll have to reset the BIOS manually.

Thanks!

Well then i am gonna keep these settings, i tested SuperPI and Everest mem tests and these are just a little bit faster, Cl4 timings with 760mhz is lot of slower than these.

I have always thought that too much speed and small timings can break rams :laughing:

Archived