Corsair Community

Still no word...Throwing in the towel

StandrdDev

Dating back for more than a month now, I complained of my pump not working, in which you said to e-mail for an RMA. Well I did, and have yet to hear a response from you. Who in the heck do I have to talk to to get this matter resolved?! Good grief! It should'nt have been this hard to get your product to work, let alone this hard to perform a simple return. Since my PC has been down for a month now I have ordered a replacement (a Thermalright SP-97 w 110cfm fan) heatsink setup to replace the Hydrocool 200ex and have had exceptional results thus far for a little more than third the cost of your unit. Oh, and did I mention it WORKS!? Unfortunately the same can not be said about your product, your email system, and your customer service and support practices and procedures. Althought I would like nothing more than to extricate myself from this whole mess with a complete refund and stamp to put on this thing, I will settle for a stamp to send this unit back and a (operative) replacement unit shipped on an expedited basis. My patience and more importantly my time have been exhausted concerning this issue, and I have decided that if I am going to invest any more, it will be in pursuit of extracting my "pound of flesh" until such time as I become exhausted, bored or otherwise satisfied that "justice" has been served, using any and all (legal and ethical) means at my disposal. I'm through asking nicely. :evil: Sigma

[quote name='StandrdDev']I'm through asking nicely.[/QUOTE] Totally understand where you're coming from, been in pretty much the same boat. However, after sending an email to Cool Guy the other day, expressing my frustration and annoyance, the matter has been resolved to my satisfaction. I suggest you try just one more time - send Cool Guy an email (coolguy@corsairmemory.com) and let him know you're at the end of your rope in regard to their service. I think he'll come good, and fix you up. If you don't get a reply within a couple of days, then by all means go after your pound of flesh (I was feeling the same way!), but give them one more chance first. Apparently things are soon going to change in regards to HydroCool service, for the better. Hope you get it all sorted. Regards, Roger

[quote name='Roger Wilco']Totally understand where you're coming from, been in pretty much the same boat. However, after sending an email to Cool Guy the other day, expressing my frustration and annoyance, the matter has been resolved to my satisfaction. I suggest you try just one more time - send Cool Guy an email (coolguy@corsairmemory.com) and let him know you're at the end of your rope in regard to their service. I think he'll come good, and fix you up. If you don't get a reply within a couple of days, then by all means go after your pound of flesh (I was feeling the same way!), but give them one more chance first. Apparently things are soon going to change in regards to HydroCool service, for the better. Hope you get it all sorted. Regards, Roger[/QUOTE] It's crazy how they get their memory customer service down to a "T" yet the hydrocool support is total crap. Maybe "Ramguy" could teach "Coolguy" how to do his freakin job. I've read of both your problems and the frustrations of others in getting help and I must say I'm shocked they are doing such a poor job on that side of their product line. Hope they eventually take care of you. Good luck.

Thanks for the encouraging words Roger & kec. I will take your advice Roger and try one last time, however I must say I'm a bit skeptical, especially since its been more than 24 hours since I first posted this thread and they still haven't taken note or responded. This, on their own corporate support board even. I find it difficult to determine if it is just mere incompetence, or willfull negligence - in any regard, it's contemptible. Like most everyone, my experience with Corsair has been on the memory side, and I've never had cause to complain, that is until I ordered my Hydrocool. It's a travesty that they dont value their reputation more than to let things go on like this, on this side of the line. For all our sakes I hope they take heed, and pull their heads from whatever orifice they happen to be shoved in, and step up and start doing the right thing - but I'm not going to hold my breath. Sigma

You know something, after reading this I'm kind of happy that I did get an Exos as I've got nothing but good things to say about their customer service dept. I found biological growth in my Exos that had spread throughout the entire system (GPU waterblock, CPU waterblock and lines) so I told them about it and asked for a recommendation for getting rid of it and unfortunately I had already tried what they offered as a cure to no avail, I still had bits of the stuff in the blocks and reservoir so I let them know that so they told me if I wanted to I could pack it up send it to them and they'd happily exchange everything. I haven't taken them up on it yet as I have cleaned it a second time and things seem to be in the clear but if it comes back I will take them up on their offer. I don't know why Corsair has dropped the ball on you like this but I hope that they will get everything sorted out for you soon, you'll really like the performance boost that you can get from watercooling coupled with overclocking. Before anyone gets bent out of shape, I'm not saying that the Hydrocool is a bad product or inferior to the Exos in any way, just that I'd have really had a problem with (seemingly) getting shined on like that.

[quote name='StandrdDev']Dating back for more than a month now, I complained of my pump not working, ... :evil: Sigma[/QUOTE] Sigma, In searching this forum, I found the Corsair Customer Service forum. This should work with the HydroCool since it is one of their products. Give it a try, it can't hurt any. :p: [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6286[/url] Sorry that you are fumed, I would be too under your situation. With so many HC's sold, the small failures that do turn up should get priority by Corsair rather than answering general questions in the forum. :sigh!: Stev

• Corsair Employee
To get an RMA for your Hydrocool unit all you would need to do is email the RMA department. If you have emailed them and are not getting a response please let me know. If you have a chance, please email me at [email]coolguy@corsairmemory.com[/email] with your info so that I can work with you directly if you continue to have problems getting an RMA. For an RMA, Please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] or you can send all of your info(full name, shipping address, phone # with area code, the module part #, quantity to be replaced, and a copy of the link to this post). Email it to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

Archived