Corsair Community

Problems with 8KNXP + CMX512RE-3200LL TwinX

DanTech

I am building a new computer with a Gigabyte 8KNXP motherboard and two CMX512RE-3200LL TwinX memory sticks. When I tried to boot the system the internal speaker was beeping like crazy. I tried removing stuff, like the graphics card, but it did not solve the problem. Then I took the memory out moved them around and also used only one stick, without any luck. So I replaced the sticks with a TwinMos PC3200 CL2.5 512MB stick I had laying around. Now the system booted! What is the problem? Does the sticks I have purchased not work on my motherboard? I have been having lots of trouble with memory issues lately when building computers, probably due to incompatable memory/chipsets. This time I specifically chose more expensive memory with ECC and TwinX in order to create a stable system... Please help. Thanks, Dan

The Gigabyte K8NXP does support ECC RAM. But not "Registered" ECC RAM. They are two different technologies. They are just often seen together. I'm afraid the RAM you have is of the latter type. Registered ECC. So it will never work with your current motherboard. J1NG

• 2 months later...
Have I fallen upon the same problem? :o: I have this GA-8KNXP, a P4 3.2Ghz, Corsair CMX512R-3200C2 (yes it is ECC, yes it is registered), and a 350W power suppply that came with the Enermax case. :confused: When I turn the power on, the thing beeps like crazy. :eek: Continuous beeps for about 5 sec, pause and then continuous beeps without any more pauses. :eek: I have not found that one in the beep codes. ;): What is wrong with his box? Do I need a different type of memory? If so, what Corsair product do you recommend with this this set-up? Should I be using a different power supply?

Archived