Corsair Community

Nautilus 500 pump type....and noise?

dogdirt2000

Hey everyone,

Sorry for my late contribution to this thread.

I too have the same loud problem that people here seem to be reporting. I can hear my nautilus from downstairs in my house!

Until I stumbled across this thread I had taken for granted that the unit was operating normally: I had no idea that pumps were nearly inaudible.

I wish I could RMA mine, but I replaced the stock tubing with some Tygon (thus had to Dremel away the original clamps on the waterblock). That being said, I would be willing to actually buy another unit, as well I think it works great for the Sugo SG01, where you can't have a high performance air cooler (due to height restrictions)

I wish Corsair would give us an answer to this, or more people would chime in saying their unit is really quiet and we must have a defective product. I wouldn't spend my money on another unit until this is that case.

Cheers guys

Aww dogdirt, so now you got even more problems? Sorry to hear that.

I don't think I'll buy another Nautilus now, because it might just happen that it is defective like yours.

Are there any other external sets which use the same plugins for the tubes that the Nautilus has? Because I really don't want to re-wire my case again, I am cooling the graphics card aswell and that would be such a hassle...

Edit: Answering my own question, found for example the Zalman Reserator 2. Don't know if silence is worth another 230€ though, I think I'll wait some more and hope someone finds another solution.

Archived