Corsair Community

TwinX4400 and motherboard compatibility?

Jin

Trying to get this cleared up because I've read some contradictory info both on review sites AND in the threads. Will this memory run at spec on the Abit IC7 Max3? ....or is the Asus P4C800-E the only motherboard this memory works on? :confused:

[quote name='Jin']Trying to get this cleared up because I've read some contradictory info both on review sites AND in the threads. Will this memory run at spec on the Abit IC7 Max3? ....or is the Asus P4C800-E the only motherboard this memory works on? :confused:[/QUOTE] I wouldn't say that the P4C800 Deluxe E is the ONLY MOBO this RAM will work on. But the Asus has the best chance by far to run at 275mhz or better which is the stock frequency on that RAM. I am thinking of getting some myself. Mike.

Yeah...the thing is....I've heard both Ram Guy and some other members mention that you can still hit 275 with the Abit board as well, while in other threads, Ram Guy says the Asus board is the ONLY board they found that was stable enough to run at that spec. On some review sites, the DFI board seems to be able to run the 4400's fine as well. *sigh* Guess I'll have to wait for some confirmation before picking up a pair for myself. :sigh!:

[quote name='Jin']Yeah...the thing is....I've heard both Ram Guy and some other members mention that you can still hit 275 with the Abit board as well, while in other threads, Ram Guy says the Asus board is the ONLY board they found that was stable enough to run at that spec. On some review sites, the DFI board seems to be able to run the 4400's fine as well. *sigh* Guess I'll have to wait for some confirmation before picking up a pair for myself. :sigh!:[/QUOTE] I'm thinking that they are probably saying that the Asus MOBOs are the only MOBOs that will consistantly hitting 275mhz+. The Abit is a great board but most of them are still limited by a RAM voltage issue that Abit is still working on. IMO, if you try it at all get the Asus. Good luck, Mike.

[quote name='specmike']I'm thinking that they are probably saying that the Asus MOBOs are the only MOBOs that will consistantly hitting 275mhz+. The Abit is a great board but most of them are still limited by a RAM voltage issue that Abit is still working on. IMO, if you try it at all get the Asus. Good luck, Mike.[/QUOTE] :grrr: Yeah...I guess you're right. Guess I'll be buying a new mobo along with the ram. :eek: Thanks for your advice specmike.

Archived