Corsair Community

Need Help "fine tuning" my rig

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will tell you right now that this is a really good overclock. you are running it 120mhz overstock at default timings with 4 modules. That in itself is almost unheard of.

Did you stress test it with prime95 or memtest86?

Not yet...I wanted to test my rig sometime soon. Which program do you prefer?

I heard that memtest86 is more accurate, but prime95 is easier to test with.

FYI: I tried to create a floppy with memtest86, but was unable to. Got some

kind of error. I have to check again when I get home from work today.

make a cd, it's much more reliable ;): I prefer prime95 because sometimes memtest doesn't give errors and prime 95 will. But memtest is a very good indicator when you pushed your memory too far.

Plus, if you how memtest now and run into problems later, it'll be handy to troubleshoot.

• 2 weeks later...

266 is the max for your motherboard and 200 is the max for your processor.

Overclocking is the art pushing your system beyond the max of your processor and ram.

Right now your fsb is 243, therefore 43 mhz over your cpu limit.

266 for your motherboard is simply because is supports better processors like Extreme Edition processors. I'm sure your motherboard can do better.

So right now the only thing limiting your fsb is your processor. Try to increase the fsb still in small increments (5mhz top). When your system becomes unstable or wont boot, bring the fsb down a notch and test with prime95 for stability.

So far, I'm stable at 250FSB

VCore - 1.48V

DDRV - 2.0V

When I increase to 255FSB and run Super PI and it passes, but with I ran Prime95, it froze my PC. I remeber somewhere in this thread that running the CPU at 1.5V and higher is not recommended. Any suggestions?

Archived