Corsair Community

HydroCool 200 & GPU Cooling.

FraG

Hi,

I intend to use my Hydrocool 200 soley to cool my AGP x850XTPE as I have a Vapo on the CPU (These cards get absolutely crazy hot and noisy!).

Just wondering what waterblocks people recommend to use for the x850 series cards? And what GPU blocks they have used with Hydrocools.

At the moment I am going to look at getting the Corsair GPU expansion for the Hydrocool just for simplicity and since the Hydrocool shouldn't have a problem keeping the chip nice and cool so a "slightly" better block is really going to mean 1-3C difference of what should end up a really low temp anyhow.

Frag,

I had posted the diagrams that work with the HC & COOL's GPU block. However, I need to talk with WIRED to get that posted as a sticky here. Many people are asking about the mounting.

It's a good GPU block. The profile and size are ideal too.

Check out the thread below in the forums for the diagram I had posted:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48248

Here's just the post ...

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=240126&postcount=5

Also, the flat-plate bracket allows the end user to add more holes if needed for newer cards. Thus, the stand-offs and fasteners will work just the same. ;)

I have a website book marked about AGP and PCI card standards. It shows the hole patterns as well. :biggrin: However, I bookmark nearly everything and it would take an effort to find it again. :sigh!:

Stev

Argh, just looked at the AUD price of the corsair GPU block and it is $100+ . And a brand new HydroCoolEx is only $229!!!! Crazy!

I need to find myself the original CPU block cheap (I lost all my accessories during a house move, somehow they got cleaned up too well... into a bin i think unless the missus hid them so she could see me :P)

I'll keep investigating, i still think any block will serve the Hydrocool well on its own for just a graphics card, even a heat monster like the x850xtpe.

Archived