Corsair Community

Twin1024-3200C2PT problems

marquis00

Well my problem starts out with the ram i bought. I can't get both sticks to work together. i dont get any post beeps or monitor to switch on. but when i install one stick the system boots fine. all my drivers are all updated and also the bios and windows is updated. i check msi support and the ram is compatable with the mobo and work with dual channel ddr change the latency and changed the power supply to a 400 watt. i moved the sticks around in different patterns. i need help please

MSI 865PE-LS

Pentium 4 478 northward 800FSB

Corsair Twin1024-3200C2-PT

Western Digital 160GB SATA

MSI 5800 256 DDR Video card

marquis00,

Looking at the Corsair product guide (pdf) in the row of recommended Configuration you see: “1xTwin1024-3200C2” I readied it as recommending 1 module of the Twin1024-3200C2 memory not 2. Look at the motherboard below it you can see 2xCmx512-3200c2 totaling up to 1GB. As in 2 times 512 = 1024 =1gb.

Link to product guide

http://www.corsairmicro.com/corsair/products/guides/MSI-1203.pdf

Looking at the Corsair product guide I believe it show it not pairing well together in your MOBO. marquis00,

Looking at the Corsair product guide (pdf) in the row of recommended Configuration you see: “1xTwin1024-3200C2” I readied it as recommending 1 module of the Twin1024-3200C2 memory not 2. Look at the motherboard below it you can see 2xCmx512-3200c2 totaling up to 1GB. As in 2 times 512 = 1024 =1gb.

Link to product guide

http://www.corsairmicro.com/corsair/products/guides/MSI-1203.pdf

Looking at the Corsair product guide It not configured in pairs .

According to what (MSI) say you will have to adjust DDR voltage, memory speeds and timing manually in the BIOS. The motherboard is having trouble supporting Dual Channel at the default configuration because of the flaw.

If this your MOBO “865PE Neo2-PFS (Platinum Edition)” it have a flaw as it is say in red letter at this (MSI link).

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=865PE_Neo2-PFS_(Platinum_Edition)&class=mb

Quoted under main memory: “Due to the High Performance Memory design, motherboards or system configurations may or may not operate smoothly at the JEDEC (Joint Electron Device Engineering Council) standard settings (BIOS Default on the motherboard) such as DDR voltage, memory speeds and memory timing. Please confirm and adjust your memory setting in the BIOS accordingly for better system stability.”

Guys:

Corsair Modules Compatible with the MSI 865PE Neo2-LS

TwinX1024-3200C2 are compatible, as long as that board can supply 2.7x voltage to the DDR memory.

Test one stick at a time in each slot using Memtest86+.

Try these settings:

CAS Latency (tCL): 2

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

Memory Voltage: 2.7x Volts

All other settings to defaults.

Archived