Corsair Community

Asus K8N+Twinx1024-3200C2PT (2x512) working only single channel??

woytas

Asus K8N+AMD Athlon 64 2800+(ClawHammer) + Twinx1024-3200C2PT (2x512) working only single channel - why??

I setup everything like

I placed memory to slot 1 and 2

configure bios 400 2,6-3-3-6 or auto and always have info

in CPU-Z:

Channels: Single

Freq: 180.0 MHz

FSB:DRAM CPU/11

Cas lat: 2,5

Ras to Cas:3

Ras pre :3

Tras:6

Whats I'm doing wrong?

I have only memory voltage 2,7 and 2,8 dont have 2,75

I try lots of cofig and always have channel:single

Please help me

sry for my English

Also, there is no such thing as Dual Channel memory, as this is a property of the memory controller in how it handles memory. This is why you can place memory in different slot configurations on a motherboard and it will register as single or dual channel.

changing slots can give result?

Do U think my MOBO is not good for that memory?

I Dont see any different in speed after I change 512MB memory in 2 different sticks on 1024MB Crosiar Twinx1024

Its possible to make my Ram better?

so what is Ur recommendation? change MOBO?

changing slots can give result?
ONLY on single/dual channel motherboard/CPUs. Yours is ONLY single channel, so the slots wouldn't make it dual channel.

To run the memory in dual channel, you'd need a new motherboard and new CPU, both socket 939.

All Socket 754 CPU's support only single channel. But as for using two sticks of memory (TWINX or two individual sticks), the placement of your memory sticks does matter, as far as your memory speed is concerned: Assuming your DIMM slots are labeled DIMM1, DIMM2 and DIMM3, your memory speed will be the full DDR400 (200MHz) unless you leave DIMM1 empty and put your memory sticks into DIMM2 and DIMM3, in which case your memory speed will drop to DDR200 (100MHz).

• 1 month later...

I think that some confusion is being created by Corsair here. From the ASUS webpage for the K8N mobo, there is a link on the left side of the page that says "See what memory Corsair recommends"

Whe you follow that link you get to enter your mobo model number and up pops a table showing "Recommended modules" for that mobo.

The problem is, most of the modules listed are the dual channel variety which the K8N doesn't even support.

Would be nice to see some recommended memory modules that are tested on the mobo and are best value for the K8N.

The problem is, most of the modules listed are the dual channel variety which the K8N doesn't even support.

Sorry, but you're the confused one. Re-read my post! (Quoted below)

There is no such thing as Dual Channel memory, as this is a property of the memory controller in how it handles memory. This is why you can place memory in different slot configurations on a motherboard and it will register as single or dual channel.

TwinX packs are pre-tested together for compatibility. Yes, in dual channel setups, but that's because if they work together in a dual channel setup, they'll also work together in a single channel setup.

IT IS WORKING FINE.

Archived