Corsair Community

problems with foxconn 748k7a and 2x pc3200c2

Blissland

Hi .... this system has been working ok for a few months with one cmx512 3200c2 module. I just bought another and they don't like each other. Separately they are fine so I know neither is bad. Also tried various configurations in the three slots. Behavior is just extremely flaky when they are together. Yes they are the same version 5.2. I figure it would be worth throwing this out there before I return the new module in case anyone can suggest something I might have overlooked .... or if someone has had a similar experience with this mainboard.

thanks

Chris

Thanks .... I will have a look in the bios to see what can be done. I've been letting the machine automatically configure ... I don't think there is a setting under dram timings for the fsb speed ... there is something under cpu though. I believe it is currently set at 200. Is that what I should be adjusting? And then also change the multiplier? Obviously I'm not really familiar with those settings and I don't want to screw anything up.

Just had a look .... these are the only available clock settings. It's what the machine defaulted to.

phoenix award bios

bios features

cpu freq = 166 (this allows to scroll through a bunch of numbers)

cpu:dram freq ratio = spd (the other choices are 5:6, 5:4. 1:1)

dram freq = 200

Thanks again for all the help. I will let you know what happens. When I purchased the mainboard I just looked to see what ram they claimed to be compatible and didn't even bother to determine the actual fsb throughput. That and the price. I've had big problems with expensive boards so I figured it couldn't hurt to try a cheap one, and it turns out to be pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

So far so good .... changed the ratio setting and installed the 2nd module and everything seems fine .... not counting intel modem driver anomalies because that has happened before. Guess I will replace it. Anyway .... thanks much again.

Chris

Archived