Corsair Community

Good hardware, terrible software

I've tried getting Corsair support before so I kind of expect getting ignored as per usual, but let me try again.

1) Why does iCUE randomly close? It's been doing this for years, regardless of version I'm running of your software. Sometimes it has just decided to close itself down completely.

2) Why do I have to re-select my mouse and keyboard profiles every single time I restart my computer? On every single Windows boot I have to select the proper profile, select my keyboard RGB setting, and select my mouse sensitivity. Heck, it doesn't even use the Default profile after reboot. Why is Corsair the ONLY peripheral company I have come across that can't remember the settings for these things after a simple Windows reboot?

3) Why does iCUE, even when it is completely unused, need to use almost half a gigabyte of system RAM? If you're lucky, it's "only" hogging about 300 MB while inactive.

4) Why does iCUE sometimes use 12-18% of my CPU power even though I'm not even using it? It can literally get stuck like that endlessly and lag my whole computer until I manually close the iCUE process down. Just look at this:

image.thumb.png.46d88986147c5afbf09fa8ccae5c44f9.png

Even Firefox, that has 20+ tabs open and is currently playing a 1080p video in that screenshot, uses like 1/8th of that CPU power.

• Like 1

Forget about, they don't know what are doing with ICUE for years...

But everyday they release even more and more hardware with bad support.

On 5/23/2024 at 10:31 AM, Mortac said:

1) Why does iCUE randomly close?

Why do software programs crash?  I am sure that’s not really your question but no one can glance at a screen shot and figure out it’s crashing on your install. If this actually has been “happening for years” across multiple generations of software, then you’ve got something on your end that is getting intertwined with CUE. 

2) Why do I have to re-select my mouse and keyboard profiles every single time I restart my computer?

You don’t. It has a clear mechanism for setting a specific profile as default. Name and position in the list are irrelevant, so if you have done this and it doesn’t stick, you have some definite file corruption and need to do a clean install. 

3) Why does iCUE, even when it is completely unused, need to use almost half a gigabyte of system RAM?

It a multi device control and monitoring program. It has a lot things to do. Exact RAM totals will vary with the number of devices and the modular CUE 5. 500MB is not a lot of system memory. You should take a closer look at what each browser tab is holding. 

4) Why does iCUE sometimes use 12-18% of my CPU power

That is not normal and suggests a deep lying problem with the CUE files. Another reason to do a clean install. There are old posts with CUE 3 and 4 core CPU’s eating a chunk of processing power, but with anything modern and CUE 5 it should be a minimal 1-2% unless you leave the UI open on the KB page animating a rapidly changing light sequence. 

Clean install directions.  I would use Revo or another free software removal tool to clean the registry because of the cpu % issue.  This can be done manually as well.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-iCUE-How-to-perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-iCUE

If that does not work, turn on debug logging in the CUE settings.  After the next crash, go back and export the log (you must do this manually).  Start a support ticket through the main Corsair website and attach the logs.  This is a user forum and you won’t get anyone here to go through the logs line by line.  Years of constant crashing means either the original error has somehow survived deep in the files or there is a reoccurring issue because of a software conflict.