Corsair Community

QX120 x4 + H150i issues

So I've purchased a lovely mid tower and a bunch of the new QX Link fans for an RGB Build.

Specs:

MSI Z790 Tomahawk WIFI

Intel i7 14700K

32GB Corsair DDR5 RGB

H150i RGB iCUE LINK (QX)

3x 120mm QX Kit

Corsair RM850x

4070 Super FE

The H150i has the 3 fans + pump as well as using the link cable for the rear fan that connect directly to the link hub and the 3 front fans then connect directly to the link hub.

The issue I'm experiencing is the hub/pump keep disconnecting, the fans will stop displaying colour then after a minute or so they will flash red and the system will begin overheating and go to shut down.

MSI BIOS is up to date as well as ensuring iCUE and Windows is updated.

The only way to fix the issue is to force shut iCUE via task manager and relaunch, then everything will go back to normal. I've searched high and low but I can't find anything sporting similar issues, then again I might be stupid and blind.

Any and all assistance would be great.

2 hours ago, Tylooler said:

he issue I'm experiencing is the hub/pump keep disconnecting

When this happens, do all the QX fans drop into hardware lighting and disappear from CUE as well?  If yes, then you might look at the PCI-e 6 pin cable supplying power.  Make sure it's not sharing an 8 pin with something else.  If no and it's only the AIO pump face that drops out, then you need to contact support as this has a decent chance of being a hardware issue you can't resolve.  However, one of the more common issues we have seen is with Link cables not quite up to the task.  I am not sure exactly how the H150i fits into the chain, but the Link cable into it might be the one to swap out if you have any left -- even just as a test.  

Everything appears to drop.

Out of all detection items in iCUE being:

Pump

Hub

RAM

Headset

The only thing that is left after it disconnects is the RAM and Headset, so that to me sounds like an issue with either the hub itself or the power cable, it's a 2x 8 Pin PCIe power but it's only got the 6 Pin connected and the rest is tied off and not being used.

I do have a spare hub and power cable from the fan pan and I also have additional link cables so will try those, if all that fails I might need to return the cooler and fans and go with a different RGB setup 😞

I'd assume a 850W PSU is enough? Or should I maybe look at swapping that for something stronger?

10 hours ago, Tylooler said:

assume a 850W PSU is enough? Or should I maybe look at swapping that for something stronger?

Yes, this will not be a lack of power. That 6 pin can carry up to 150W but you’re nowhere close to that. Also, if quitting cue and restarting corrects, that finishes the chance it’s power related. 

Spare hub check sounds like a good plan, but I’d start a support ticket as well in case it’s something else. 

Yeah, changed the hub to the spare, happened again whilst gaming 😞

I've tried swapping to a different usb header on the motherboard.

Do you have the link to where I need to raise a support ticket?

31 minutes ago, Tylooler said:

Yeah, changed the hub to the spare, happened again whilst gaming 😞

I've tried swapping to a different usb header on the motherboard.

Do you have the link to where I need to raise a support ticket?

Ignore the request for link, I found it and raised one now with Corsair regarding both the Cooler and Fan Kit.

Will report back with how I get on, I'd hate to have to return these fans cause if I do I may opt out for a replacement.