Corsair Community

iCUE not detecting RGB of random fans

Go to solution Solved by BWPGamer,

Hello, 

Ever since updating to latest software, the RGB lighting on certain fans have stopped working. Currently, I have 2x Commander Cores installed with 7 standalone SP120 Elites in the case and 3x of the same on my 320mm Elite Capillex radiator connected to them. At present, one fan is out on the radiator, which is mounted to the top of my case so thankfully it's not that visible but there were a few occasions where multiple were out and it looked awful. 

The way I get them all operational again is to close icue, install/open OpenRGB and set a profile - once this is done every single light is working correctly. Before this I actually thought it was hardware related, as even when turning the pc on (and the fans running in hardware mode obviously) they'd still be out. 

What's also strange is when I was troubleshooting the 2 commander cores, the rgb would only work in certain ports which led me to believe the ports were broken but this definitely is not the case.

Is anyone else aware of this or know any workarounds without resorting to using third party software like above?

Thanks!

The Lighting Wizard configuration tool appears to be broken on CUE 5.14 for Commander Core/XT devices. As mentioned above, one possible workaround is to uninstall CUE 5 (don’t delete settings or user info), then download and install CUE 4.33 from the Corsair site. It will install into a different folder than CUE 5. Run the lighting  configuration in CUE 4. Then install CUE 5.14 again over the top of CUE 4 without uninstalling it. This should preserve the lighting configuration. 

Not sure if this is more or less work than what you are currently doing, but it is a one time requirement. This is a known issue and should be corrected in CUE 5.15. 

Thank you both, 

unfortunately uninstalling version 5 and then installing version 4 did not work - I still have 1 fan without LEDs and the only way to correct it is to install openrgb and choose a profile - this gets all of them in sync and in working fully. This had nothing to do with openrgb or any potential clashing as it occurred before i even installed openrgb anyway.

When you went back to CUE 4.33 and ran the lighting wizard, did all 7 SP-Elites detect and light up?

3 hours ago, c-attack said:

When you went back to CUE 4.33 and ran the lighting wizard, did all 7 SP-Elites detect and light up?

Unfortunately not.  

I even used revo uninstaller to remove every single trace of icue (profiles didn't matter since i didn't have anything intricate set up in the first place) from the registry before installing 4.33 but still one fan wasn't lighting up.

I've decided to use signal rgb now, as it seems to have way more lighting schemes with slightly less of an impact on cpu usage than icue. Pity neither can match openrgb in terms of cpu usage but from what I can tell signalrgb does the job just fine. I wish Corsair actually worked like it should.

Thanks again for your advice.