Corsair Community

iCUE and Corsair 7000x RGB case fans

Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

Hi,

Recently I have noticed the rear case fan on the Corsair 7000x RGB case no longer has RGB (this is one of the 4 preinstalled fans). Running the latest version of iCUE, and when running the wizard, it will not detect a fan on port 4. Oddly if I run the wizard multiple times port 2 will also not show. I have done a power cycle, repair Icue install and still no rgb or fan detected. Verified its not a fan issue and the fans with issues have rgb if plugged into a different port.

I have even tried running the wizard with manual settings, but nothing seems to change.  Plugging other fans into the same rgb port also shows no rgb. So, either it's a faulty commander core xt unit that was supplied with the case or there is some software issue that has messed up the Commander Core XT. Is there any way to rest this device?

Even if I remove iCUE from my system the fan does not have rgb.

• Solution

There appears to be a Lighting Wizard or lighting configuration problem in 5.14 for the Commander Core and XT.  Multiple users have reported this and the wizard fails to properly detect and manual setup does not work either.  The only workaround we found was to uninstall 5.14, download the old CUE 4.33 from the main website, and run the Wizard while on 4.33.  Then install 5.14 back over the top of 4.33 without uninstalling.  The lighting config file is preserved and this allowed several users to set up their fans and then continue on normally.  This is a known error and there should be a fix in 5.15 if you prefer not to jump through hoops.  

3 hours ago, c-attack said:

There appears to be a Lighting Wizard or lighting configuration problem in 5.14 for the Commander Core and XT.  Multiple users have reported this and the wizard fails to properly detect and manual setup does not work either.  The only workaround we found was to uninstall 5.14, download the old CUE 4.33 from the main website, and run the Wizard while on 4.33.  Then install 5.14 back over the top of 4.33 without uninstalling.  The lighting config file is preserved and this allowed several users to set up their fans and then continue on normally.  This is a known error and there should be a fix in 5.15 if you prefer not to jump through hoops.  

Thanks, I will try this later and report back. Let's hope it's only a software bug and not a hardware issue with the Commander Core XT. has there been any indication when the 5.15 version will be released?

10 hours ago, c-attack said:

Thanks so much, followed the steps you provided and it fixed my issue. Extremely poor quality software.

8 hours ago, BWPGamer said:

has there been any indication when the 5.15 version will be released?

The usual cadence is every 4 weeks, so likely another 3 weeks away.