Corsair Community

(Last ICUE 5.14.93) Troubleshooting "stopped recieving data from DRAM"

Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

Hello, since the last ICUE version 5.14.93 I have a lot of issues with my DDR5 Ram, I know it's a famous bug but I never had this before this version and :

- I don't have ANY other app to manage my hardware like ArmouryCrate etc... I have ONLY Icue

- When I Close Icue and relaunch, it's fix the issue and the RAM work again, no need to "reboot" the PC (but i dont want to do it all time...)

- I Never had this problem before this ICUE Version

- The red triangle don't come at the start of PC, it take few hours...

- I have MSI Motherboard and  Dominator Platinum 64 GO DDR5

- I Join a screen for the error message but the screen don't come from me because my PC is in french.. I just take a screen on internet who have the SAME message as me

Thanks for help... 😀

95457029_2022-06-27(2).png.c4330687e0cc1b4f99e321d1cf9eec23.png

Posted (edited)

Try reinstalling your chipset drivers and make sure you quit CUE before you do it. Usually this (red triangle) happens when CUE gets tied up on the SMBus and can’t communicate with the RAM. I don’t know why it happens. Program conflict is one, but it certainly happens without that and I’ve seen short stretches of it as well. As annoying as it is to do, a clean install of CUE may help as well if the problem is with the Corsair LLA service. 

Edited by c-attack
Weird Apple predictive text

28 minutes ago, c-attack said:

Try reinstalling your chipset drivers and make sure you quit CUE before you do it. Usually this (red triangle) happens when CUE gets kicked up on the SMBus and can’t communicate with the RAM. I don’t know why it happens. Program conflict is one, but it certainly happens without that and I’ve seen short stretches of it as well. As annoying as it is to do, a clean install of CUE may help as well if the problem is with the Corsair LLA service. 

Thanks for answer! Actually i do not care about get me information on Icue, but is  this issue can damange the hardware ? Like damage my ram ? If no : all is ok

• Solution

No, it will not damage the hardware.  The RAM red triangle in CUE is a communications error.  You can pull up HWinfo or something similar and you'll notice it can't read the RAM temp data either in this state.