Corsair Community

V5.14 not working and randomly shuts down, wish to download v5.12.97

There should be a simple repository that I can go to, to find all the older iCue versions. V5.14 randomly encounters errors and shuts down, while V5.12.97 was completely stable. Where can I download v5.12.97 in its entirety (and make sure that it somehow does not auto update to 5.14)?

• Like 1

Seriously, .... there is no place to grab an old working copy?

There is no address or location to download prior CUE versions from Corsair. All installers pull the current version of the software, regardless of the version number on the installer. 

While there are a fair number of issues in the new CUE, continuous crashes suggests some type of file corruption and depending on your hardware you may have needed to do a clean install anyway. Export any valuable profiles first so you can import them back after. 

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-iCUE-How-to-perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-iCUE

Corsair decided to remove the instructions  on how to clean the registry from their guide, while in a separate post suggesting it may be required for some users. They now push users to use a software removal tool like Revo to clean the registry rather than manually going to Run-> regedit and manually deleting the Corsair folder in both the HKey_Local Machine> software and HKey_Local user > Software locations. 

Your other option is to roll back to CUE 4.33, but that may not be feasible if you have any new gear released in the last 18 months. 

Posted (edited)

Thank you C-Attack. With no disrespect to your input and while trying to abstain from puerile attacks on Corsair developers (which if my guess is correct, ... aren't even in the U.S. anyway), I have to ask, .... really? Has anyone at Corsair considered that perhaps iCUE simply has TOO MANY features. Thirty two different lighting zones with blinking LEDS, ... individual LED fans which can exhibit wave patterns? ..... how old are we anyway, .... five? The last time I had a toy with this many blinking lights I was five, .... no, sorry, .... four.

I suspect that a considerable part of the iCUE problem is that the actual coders are likely somewhere in China and are hardly answerable to anything that the Corsair buyers in the U.S. and Europe actually want.

I written this before, ... and sadly I will do so again, .... downloading iCUE and running the latest install is like pointing a loaded weapon at your foot. It won't kill you but it will ruin your day. It has been YEARS now, .... it is time to get this stuff sorted once and for all.

Edited by jayhall0315
Lacking sarcasm