Corsair Community

Are these memory modules supported for this motherboard?

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone!

I decided I would like to upgrade my motherboard and my memory modules to DDR5.

I put my eye on this Asus ProArt B760-CREATOR WIFI motherboard.

I want to buy DDR5 memory modules with the highest O.C possible for that motherboard,

and so I found Corsair Vengeance 2x16GB DDR5 7200MHz CL34 (CMK32GX5M2X7200C34)

If looking in Asus support section, you can see that technically the memory support list shows that exact module as supported.

image.thumb.png.ab18a424f0fbe73fbbef010a7ef97186.png

The only problem is, that they specifically mentions "CMK32GX5M2X7200C34 (ver. 5.43.01)".

This is the link to the specific product I did find - https://ksp.co.il/web/item/238921

My question is - How am I supposed to make sure that this product is the same one showing in the above list?

If they bothered to mention a specific version, I believe it might be tricky risk.

Also, is the version mentioned on the memory retail box?

Thanks!

Edited by Talko

They usually do mention a specific version because that is the one they tested.  Asus and most other board vendors don't keep a running list.  In this instance you can be pretty sure it will be the same version or an otherwise identical Hynix kit.  That is the only bin for any 2x16 7200 kit right now.  So while it is possible you might get ver 5.43.20 or ver 5.44.xx, that only means the RAM came from a later production run of Hynix IC.  There is no reason to suspect it won't work unless you mix it with other Hynix from different versions.