Corsair Community

iCUE Not Detecting Items

Hello,

I recently purchased a HS80 wireless headset and a H100i Elite LCD XT Liquid CPU Cooler (replacing an older H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid CPU Cooler I had installed).  iCUE detects the HS80 wireless receiver, but not the headset connected to it.  It also detects the Commander Core, but not the LCD screen connected to it (it does detect all the fans though).  I've quadruple checked all connections and completely uninstalled and reinstalled iCUE several times.  Also the LCD screen on the CPU cooler has been displaying an ! in a red triangle since first powerup after install, so I think it may be inop from factory.   Any tips or tricks to maybe get iCUE to work properly?  It took me forever to get it to work previously and was working fine until I added this new hardware.

Editing to add that the headset connects and works as does the AIO pump.  The headset doesn't show up in iCUE as it should though so I can't change any of it's settings and also the LCD screen on the cooler.

Windows 11 Home 64-bit
ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
4GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti (EVGA)
SAMSUNG 990 PRO Series - 2TB PCIe Gen4. X4 NVMe
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD

Corsair hardware:
Corsair Crystal 570X RGB Mid-Tower Case
Corsair iCUE H100i Elite LCD XT Liquid CPU Cooler - IPS LCD Screen - Two AF120 RGB Elite Fans (connected to the Commander Core)
CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 RAM 64GB (2x32GB) 5200MHz
Corsair iCUE Lighting Node PRO RGB LED Lighting Controller with 4 RGB strips
x4 Corsair ML120 PRO 120mm Premium Magnetic Levitation RGB LED PWM Fan (connected to the Commander Core)
CORSAIR HS80 RGB WIRELESS Multiplatform Gaming Headset

iCUE.jpg

Edited by natefrog

16 minutes ago, natefrog said:

iCUE detects the HS80 wireless receiver, but not the headset connected to it

First time you set up the headset you may need to have it wired to properly detect and download it's software module.  Go into the CUE Settings Gear -> Software and see if it has the module for the headset listed.  With both the receiver connected and HS80 wired, try to pair the headset to the dongle again.  You should see both the dongle and the HS80 as separate devices.  

18 minutes ago, natefrog said:

It also detects the Commander Core, but not the LCD screen connected

Similarly, the both LCD and regular pump top must communicate back to the system through the Commander Core.  When in AIO mode, you should never see the Commander Core as device (by picture) and it should be the AIO LCD pump instead.  The red (!) is a generic warning that can mean several things, but in this case it likely indicates a communication issue between Com Core and pump.  This was a very common issue early in the life cycle.  

Shutdown the PC and flip the PSU off.  Go into the back and deliberately disconnect and then reconnect the wide power cable on the end of the Com Core that leads to the pump.   This can be a finicky connection but also this process is going force both devices to do a deep connection check on the next power on.   The other place this can go wrong is on the LCD case mount on top of the actual CPU block.  Might as well pop it off and back on to make sure that is a solid fit.  Flip the PSU back on and start normally -- fingers crossed.  If this does not resolve it, I would then contact Corsair Support. 

55 minutes ago, c-attack said:

First time you set up the headset you may need to have it wired to properly detect and download it's software module.  Go into the CUE Settings Gear -> Software and see if it has the module for the headset listed.  With both the receiver connected and HS80 wired, try to pair the headset to the dongle again.  You should see both the dongle and the HS80 as separate devices.  

That worked for the headset, thanks.  Weird that it was connecting to the dongle and playing back even Dolby Atmos, but not showing up in iCUE until I connected via USB.  Unfortunately the lcd screen still not working after doing your suggestion.  I think it is a defective unit or iCUE messing up.  Can't believe they don't have a manual add option or troubleshoot undetected modules option in the software.  

The LCD and regular pump top connection is by far the most common new set up issue.  While it is possible there is a hardware defect, the overwhelming majority are resolved through connection tinkering.  

You tried the hardware reset version.  Sometimes it takes more than one try, but I would now work the other end of the problem -- USB.  That is the actual communication path.  No LCD usb connection and it won't show in CUE.  A lot of motherboards do not like for the Commander and LCD top to share that USB splitter cable.  X570 and B550 were famous for this.  Improvements on the subsequent platforms and it doesn't come up quite as much, but it is users still run into trouble here.  Most boards only have 2 internal USB 2.0 connections and you likely don't have some type of 9 pin to USB A cable lying around.  If you can temporarily free up a USB 2 internal to connect the LCD and Com Core separately, try it.  If it works, then you know you need a powered USB hub like a lot of AMD owners.  If you are not using the other USB 2 internal, then leave them separated, but it seems likely the LN Pro is on the other USB 2.  

Edited by c-attack

21 hours ago, c-attack said:

A lot of motherboards do not like for the Commander and LCD top to share that USB splitter cable. 

So I got excited for about 10 seconds.  I removed the USB splitter cable and put each connection directly to the motherboard and on boot the lcd showed the startup animation and got to the screen that said coolant temp then flashed right back to the ! in the triangle. Shutdown the system, unplugged everything and plugged everything back in and then booted up to the same result, startup animation then right back to ! after a second on the coolant temp screen.  So frustrating. Don't know why I stay with Corsair, I always have issues getting new hardware to work correctly and I'm in the IT field so I know what I'm doing majority of the time.  There is also something else new in iCUE, when the system first came up and I opened iCUE right away there was a red triangle in the top right of the commander core for about 5 seconds then it went away. 

OK, Corsair Support time for the AIO.  There have been a few like this over the years.  I think most needed to replace parts to get back on track.