Corsair Community

Troubleshooting H100i LCD Screen: Seeking Firmware Rollback Assistance

Hi guys! I bought an H100i Elite and the screen was working fine until I updated the LCD screen firmware 😮‍💨. Since then, only a red triangle appears on the pump screen. I've tried doing a clean installation of iCUE and also using iCUE 4. Can someone provide me a firmware prior to v.2.0.0.3 or help me with a firmware rollback?

Information:
iCUE 5: v.5.12.97
H100i Firmware: v.2.11.221
LCD screen Firmware: v.2.0.0.3
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor, 3793 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Processor(s)
Motherboard: TUF GAMING X570-PLUS_BR
RAM: 32.0 GB

Lucky you. I have the same issue since installation. iCue doesn't even detect the screen. What a waste of money.

Damn! Where is @Corsair to resolve this issue?

On 3/25/2024 at 4:23 PM, Gaby Chaves said:

Can someone provide me a firmware prior to v.2.0.0.3 or help me with a firmware rollback?

You'll need to go through Corsair Support to get the proper file.  They don't really want us coaching you on how to side load the FW with somebody's random file.  There is some danger in that.  Nevertheless, there are offsite instructions out there.  However, if you are able to access the LCD screen still within CUE, do the "check for update" -> None/Latest -> Force Update path.  This will reload the current version.  That version isn't new, so if there was an inherent defect I think we'd have a pretty long string of specific complaints at this point.  

The other thing you can try is the power cycle trick.  The pump needs to do the same during the FW load process and this appears to be where the communication gets severed.  User Water above has the dead pump symbol.  That one is a problem.  If you have the triangle (!), that usually means communication issues between Commander Core and LCD top or LCD top and software.  Shutdown the PC and flip the PSU off.  Hold down the case power button for 10 seconds to drain any residual power.  Flip the PSU back on and start normally.  This will force both pieces to do a deep connection check.  Stop in the BIOS to prevent CUE from loading with Windows.  Does the screen behave normally?  If so, then exit and proceed to Windows.  If the screen then goes back into red triangle mode when CUE loads, that is a key piece of info for Tech Support.  Hopefully, it clears the communication error.