Corsair RM750x fan not spinning

Hi, this is my build

Asus a320M-k
Ryzen 5 3400g (65W)
RX 5700 XT (220W aprox)
16GB RAM DDR4
Samsung M.2 Nvme 980 PRO 1TB
HDD 256 5.2"

The fans of psu doesn't spin up after gaming for 2-3 hours. They spin up for secs when booting and shut down pc, so they should be working fine.

My question is: is this a normal behavior?. I toched psu under heavy load and it seems very very hot. Until now my pc has no experienced any shut down or something, its working normal.

I have read Corsair manual and they say it should start colling at 40% load (300W) and, come on, i think my build is consuming 300W at least, i have read similar question in this forum and the answer is the same.

71vXweqjv+L.jpg

it's normal.

the fan control is a bit more involved than just load % and you have a rig that doesn't pull a ton of power so the PSU can run passively without problems.

A temperature like ~60°C will feel very hot to the touch but it's relatively cool for the PSU.

So if you pull even 3 or 400W but the PSU is not hot enough to be needing active cooling, the fan will stay off.

I only used a RM750X briefly on a build i made for a family member, and the fan never spun once, only doing the spin test at startup as you saw.

My HX1200i never spins either in game despite pulling 6-700W. They pretty much all do that. As long as they are cool enough they won't start their fan. "cool enough" being often in the 55-65°C region which is uncomfortably warm to the touch.

Very hot to the touch isn't a good indicator, since the switching chips inside can happily run over 100 - 110°C all day if they had to. 

4 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

I only used a RM750X briefly on a build i made for a family member, and the fan never spun once, only doing the spin test at startup as you saw.

My HX1200i never spins either in game despite pulling 6-700W. They pretty much all do that. As long as they are cool enough they won't start their fan. "cool enough" being often in the 55-65°C region which is uncomfortably warm to the touch.

Very hot to the touch isn't a good indicator, since the switching chips inside can happily run over 100 - 110°C all day if they had to. 

Umm, interesting...

Which was your family member build ?