Corsair Community

Two USB 3.0 Header Connectors coming from the front panel on my 7000D case.

I'm just beginning the wiring phase of my build today. A bit of a confusing issue I have ran into is that I have two USB 3.0 front panel header connectors. I have one connected two the available socket on the ASUS ROG Strix Z790 motherboard but no place for the second one. I can't find anything in the manual on this as it shows just one USB 3.0 connector . What happens if I leave the second just hanging? Is there going to be an issue with USB ports not working? Can I use an after market splitter to make both work safely? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The attached image shows one of the headers attached and the second one just hanging.

20240307_112749.jpg

you'll just have two ports not working on the front panel., but the other ones will work just fine.

you can get for cheap some PCI express USB cards that will give you an additional internal header, so you don't have to mess with splitters, stuff like that :

image.png.0bd220e6313d58a25f35c21cd2cd30f5.png

they are all over Amazon and cheap (and maybe one of the best use for those PCIE x1 slots)

Posted (edited)

The issue I have is the Header USB Connections for the front panel. I need those more than the 12 rear USB ports on my MB. I found out all I need is a simple splitter. I didn't even know those existed. But thank you for your reply.

Edited by Lburk

• 4 months later...

LeDoyen,

I have an ASUS Prime x670E pro wifi.  My 7000D has two USB 3.2 connectors (one gen 1 and one gen 2) that match the motherboard.  Left two USB ports don't work on the top-front panel and the right two plus a USB C port works.  Is that expected?  Submitted a ticket with Corsair who said if those connectors are plugged in, they should all work on the front panel.  Called ASUS  about the mobo and I'm waiting on an escalated ticket response. 

I have a 7000D and an older motherboard (EVGA X99 Classified). I found this internal USB card. Does USB 3 and USB C.

I have no issues with it and Windows recognizes it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09GKLN7RT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

USB3.jpg

Edited by HDriscoll