Corsair Community

RGB controllers invisible after power outage

Go to solution Solved by Fede4justice,

Hi, I am not whether to post here or in the "iCUE Software Troubleshooting" section, if so please ask the mods to move the thread to the other section.

I was using my pc normally when there was a power outage due to overload, and after turning the power back on from the breaker and then also the pc, I noticed that all the Corsair rgb in my case no longer turned on. Sometimes, immediately after logging into windows, they manage to turn on for a couple of seconds or minutes and then shut down for good, and Windows makes the sound of usb peripheral connected and disconnected, numerous times.

Corsair peripherals that still work perfectly today:

• K70 LUX RGB keyboard
  • Virtuoso XT + Virtuoso XT Wireless Receiver
  • MM700 RGB Mousepad
  • LS100 Starter Kit
  • ASUS GPU's RGBs - with ASUS Plugin
  • HX850i (has not RGBs anyway so...)

Instead the ones that no longer work properly:

• iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX XT (Waterpump's RGBs)
  • QL120 Fans (x6)
  • LL120 Fans (x4)

The controllers I have connected are:

• Lightning Node Pro (nothing connected to at the moment)
  • Lightning Node Core (to which the x6 QL120 fans are connected)
  • CORSAIR iCUE Commander CORE (to which the x4 LL120 fans are connected).

If I remember correctly, the controllers are connected to a USB hub (the famous NZXT) which then connects to the motherboard USB internal header.

It is clear that the only peripherals that can no longer turn on their RGBs are those connected to RGB controllers via the internal USB port, except for the Lightning Node Pro.

The Lightning Node Pro, in fact, is the only controller I can see on iCue after the RGBs turn off when I turn on Windows, the others are not.

I have read online two possible solutions to this problem, although I am of course open to other possibilities, which of the two options do you think might be safe to try?

1. Disconnect and re-connect the internal USB connector leading to the motherboard usb header WHILE the pc is turned on;
  2. Press a little button contained inside the controllers, one person here on the forum solved it this way, but I don't know what exactly it does.

Thank you for your attention!

Today the LL120 fans started turning RED randomly. What does this mean?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

This problem has taken care of itself. Day after day, the fans that seemed to be broken before slowly started to stay on (rgb) for longer and longer, until, after about 3 days, they recovered completely. A matter of capacitors, maybe?