Corsair Community

Question about new build and Corsair AF 120 Elite fans

So I am going to be building my son a new rig, pretty much the same specs as mine. I am going to be using a Corsair 7000D air flow case. I will be using 9 AF 120 Elite Fans, 4 front, 4 on the side, and 1 in the back.

As everyone knows who has this case, it comes with a fan hub that you can connect 6 fans too.

I will be getting a Rog Strix Z790-E Mobo, I do not want to connect any of the fans to the mobo, I do not use Asus AC for anything other then syncing Icue rgb on his, ram,gpu,and mobo,k/m,aio,etc.

So what I was wondering is, if I get a Corsair commander pro. Can I connect the 6 fan hub from the case to the commander pro and the 3 other fans to the commander pro also. Will this work, will it cause issues?

I am thinking this will be fine, but just want to make sure it will work?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, pinkfloyd1173 said:

So what I was wondering is, if I get a Corsair commander pro. Can I connect the 6 fan hub from the case to the commander pro and the 3 other fans to the commander pro also.

The PWM repeater that comes with that case is effectively a powered splitter for 6 PWM fans.  You can load up one of the side/front panels with all 4 fans, then run the PWM lead back to your Corsair fan controller (Commander  Pro, Core, or XT).  All the fans will run the same speed and respond to the input in CUE.  

However, the Commander Pro may not be the right controller for you.  It's from the older system that used RGB Lighting Hubs to boost 5v power and thus you could run two channels (2x6 fans) on each controller.  If you have the RGB Lighting Hubs this is fine, but you won't get any with the AF-Elite fans that come in multipacks with a Lighting Node Core.  You most likely want a Commander XT controller that allow direct RGB connections to that controller. 

So with that device in mind, you would have 1 rear + 4 side fans directly connected to the PWM side of the Commander XT.  The front 4 fans are connected to the PWM hub and it's control takes the last PWM slot on the Commander XT.  Then you need to break the 9 fans into two groups for lighting.  One group 9 (4 or 5 fans) will go on the Commander XT for RGB.  The other group will go on the Lighting Node Core from one of the AF elite multipacks.  You will need one of those or another lighting controller.  

I suppose the last question is what is going on up top?